* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
Product worked as advertised. I was amazed at how granular I could get with the settings. It's powerful yet easy to use.
I went to the forum for help with something I wasn't doing right, and got KIND COURTEOUS help from Guillermo Vargas within minutes. It just doesn't get any better than this. It's guys like this that give open source a good name! I donated! I hope you do too so we can keep these hard working guys in the game. Thanks again!
The problem I had was that the template we were using had a star for each li tag and the client felt that there were too many stars. I could not overwrite the template's CSS without hacking the code and adding a wrapping div with an id on it.
Other than this one minor issue, I think this is a great component and will be using it for several up coming client websites.
The bad: All items are tagged as updated daily. This is probably too frequent for individual items, and not frequent enough for the front page.
The home page was identified by its alias not as /
There does not seem to be a way of adjusting the relative importance of pages.
One little thing. When you use this to generate an XML Sitemap (for Google etc) it's a good idea to save the xmap-generated text, edit it, then upload it statically to your site.
xmap puts a lot of stuff in the map and is indiscriminate about changefreq and priority tag settings.
Has good configuration options as well plus a link to your Google Sitemap to help with your SEO.
A Big Thank you to the developers of this component.
Great Component without the bugs!