* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
One thing might be nice to have in future:
In the module settings of a menu one can choose to start displaying the menu's hierarchy from a specified level on. It really would be great, when XMap would adhere to this setting.
That would improve the narrow shaped hierarchy-structure of Joomla enormously. With this a site admin could structure his site deeper and needn't to have any fears of showing a sitemap - because all menu items that should not be visible won't be shown at all.
There is however one problem that prevents me from giving it the very best rating:
I have a few menu items with sub-items that are always expanded by default (i.e. sub-items are always shown). Xmap gets confused by this, and the result is that these sub-items are listed twice. First they are enumerated as sub-items of the parent item, and then the sub-items get counted again. This may not be an excellent explanation, but try it yourself and you'll see what I mean.
Overall, a very good extension that works great and is highly customizable.
Great component, though :-)
The google submit XML URL is very nice.
My only issue is that this component does not validate, I have tried in 4 templates and fresh Joomla installs.
Having contacted the developer about this, I didnt hear anything back.
It does validate, you can see it here:
We have a forum to report problems and ask for help. I don't see your post there! Please feel free to ask for help in there, I'll glad to help you even when the problem isn't with Xmap!