* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
Great component, though :-)
The google submit XML URL is very nice.
My only issue is that this component does not validate, I have tried in 4 templates and fresh Joomla installs.
Having contacted the developer about this, I didnt hear anything back.
It does validate, you can see it here:
We have a forum to report problems and ask for help. I don't see your post there! Please feel free to ask for help in there, I'll glad to help you even when the problem isn't with Xmap!
I have been putting off installing anything that is not native 1.5 and just noticed as of today this one is now native.
Installed it, and after about 5 min I had Google looking at my new sitemap.
Great work guys... yet to see what Google does once it has analysed it (that usually takes a day or two) but so far so good.
If you want a simple and powerful sitemap for Google and yahoo, this is it.
It also makes a nice HTML one for people too... (inc CSS etc)
Although now that I am on joomla 1.5, I am hoping the developer will push for the Joomla 1.5 Native version and not legacy because I refuse to run anything in the legacy mode. So in the mean time, I will have to use google's method.
With "Xmap" now registered in the "Components" menu, it took only a couple of minutes more to create an Xmap Sitemap, configure it using the Ajax interface included in Xmap (backend only) and then add it to my Main Menu for everyone to use.
The default configuration settings turned out to be just fine. There are options that I haven't yet tried for customizing the associated CSS and installing Xmap-related extensions.
I took a chance and downloaded the new Xmap 1.1 Beta. It installed easily and within minutes I had a site map suitable for my small business website.