* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
I wanted a sitemap that could encorporate the fire board forum. I looked at this site and finally I found the right map. The x-map did the trick. It has alot of available extensions. I must say that since I´m a beginner att this I found it a bit tricky to get work in the beginning. But after checking it through and testing my way forward it is actually wery logic and easy to operate. So I can warmly reccomend this product to all the users of this forum. Also Mr Vargas that have developed this product is wery helpful which is a plus.
It takes a little bit of playing around to figure out how it works, but it delivers good results.
I don't know if the 1.0.4 version offered better instructions/documentation, but I couldn't find ANYWHERE how to display the XML version of the file, though my wife tells me I can never find anything, so take that with a grain of salt. In any case I ended up guessing how to display it by adding the "&view=xml" arg to the end of the regular "index.php?option=com_xmap" address. VOILA! XML display.
Although this is a beta I did not notice any bugs in the basic work that I was doing with it. Great job!
I can only recommend this product to all users.
Keep up the good work.
Guillermo the developer is incredibly helpful; I initially got it to work with Joomla without a problem but then I had issues with my other Mambo site. He fixed the Mambo patch right away and now I have it working with both Joomla AND Mambo...great job Guillermo!
The backend deals with this easily by allowing you to create different site maps and exclude content areas.
Fantastic, highly recommended :)