* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
So I have to say... if it works for you, well that´s good, but if you are looking for sitemap generator then save your time by using something else.
Errors make me go crazy, I hate when things are not tested well enough and when I spend a lot of time doing stuff that does not lead me anywhere.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having issues but it's because the version of Joomla you are using, you should consider upgrading to 2.5.8 to fix this issue. There are many security issues on 2.5.4 anyways.
I order to make Xmap compatible with 3.0 I have to make some modifications and that makes it incompatible with older versions of Joomla.
I have tried getting version 2.3.0 to work with a Joomla 3.0.2 site I'm working on but have been unsuccessful. The component installs just fine, but in this version is unable to create a new sitemap. I have posted to the authors "Bugs" forum with the title of "Joomla 3 issue with XmapHelper class" to track this issue.
I look forward to seeing the issue resolved. Thanks for all the great work on this component.
Create the sitemap through the component, link to it through one of your menus (normally Sitemap) and you get an HTML linkable sitemap to each page of your site. Monkey business EASY!!!! Congrats to the developers!!
I've been using the XML-Sitemap generator on my Joomla sites. It's not a Joomla component but it does have a Joomla configuration and it read all 2900 pages on my site accurately with no arguments. And Google webmaster tools accepted my Sitemap without argument. So I'll continue to use that.
I expected a favored Google component to work better, but I was disappointed.
It would be nice if the developer could have a look at this issue as it is a very important factor for all developers and websites offering more than one language.
Now we've started developing on 2.5 we've discovered a big limitation - it does not display Joomla Blog Articles... a massive limitation for us.
We contacted support many weeks ago and absolutely nothing... there seems to be no one home.
I am really disappointed about this as there is no substitute on 2.5 that is anything like as good as Xmap on 1.5.
It seems good. However, it is very unprofessional compared to other extensions.
I could not configure my site map in the way I would like.
-There was a stupid green stick icon next to each link.
-The sitemap doesn't break in columns if you have a long menu.
-I cannot remove the title(name)of the menu.
-Sometimes, the order of the menus is weird. i.e. The footer menu was first (on the right) and the main menu was second (on the left).
-I have a bilingual site and it doesn't recognize other than latin.
I didn't try support. I was already dispirited from what I saw on the reviews.
Don't install except if you wish to have an unprofessional site map or you can't do otherwise.
If the developer decide to develop it further or support it better, I will definitely follow him.
After this I uninstalled everything, the component AND the plug-ins.
Then re-installed JUST the component.
Now it works as it should.
Maybe this review can help some others.
The developers do not care about users who have problems with this component. If you take a look at the forum, you will see, that nobody is helping the people there. :-(
Thanks for your review, I'm sorry you had issues and I wasn't able to help you at that moment but if you take a look at the forum you will see that I have 1510 posts helping people with issues, but you are right, it's not the best support but is what I can do on my free time.
Thanks again for your review, I will try to provide a better support now.