* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
I've been using the XML-Sitemap generator on my Joomla sites. It's not a Joomla component but it does have a Joomla configuration and it read all 2900 pages on my site accurately with no arguments. And Google webmaster tools accepted my Sitemap without argument. So I'll continue to use that.
I expected a favored Google component to work better, but I was disappointed.
It would be nice if the developer could have a look at this issue as it is a very important factor for all developers and websites offering more than one language.
Now we've started developing on 2.5 we've discovered a big limitation - it does not display Joomla Blog Articles... a massive limitation for us.
We contacted support many weeks ago and absolutely nothing... there seems to be no one home.
I am really disappointed about this as there is no substitute on 2.5 that is anything like as good as Xmap on 1.5.
It seems good. However, it is very unprofessional compared to other extensions.
I could not configure my site map in the way I would like.
-There was a stupid green stick icon next to each link.
-The sitemap doesn't break in columns if you have a long menu.
-I cannot remove the title(name)of the menu.
-Sometimes, the order of the menus is weird. i.e. The footer menu was first (on the right) and the main menu was second (on the left).
-I have a bilingual site and it doesn't recognize other than latin.
I didn't try support. I was already dispirited from what I saw on the reviews.
Don't install except if you wish to have an unprofessional site map or you can't do otherwise.
If the developer decide to develop it further or support it better, I will definitely follow him.
After this I uninstalled everything, the component AND the plug-ins.
Then re-installed JUST the component.
Now it works as it should.
Maybe this review can help some others.
The developers do not care about users who have problems with this component. If you take a look at the forum, you will see, that nobody is helping the people there. :-(
Thanks for your review, I'm sorry you had issues and I wasn't able to help you at that moment but if you take a look at the forum you will see that I have 1510 posts helping people with issues, but you are right, it's not the best support but is what I can do on my free time.
Thanks again for your review, I will try to provide a better support now.
Advantages: create HTML sitemap on the basis of the ability to display a menu with all the articles, XML file compression site map, caching, lots of plug-ins for inclusion in the site map pack is not only Joomla component, but also third-party extensions such as Virtuemart.
Disadvantages: Sometimes there are problems with XML site map for webmasters Google and Yandex.
With this extension you can create a HTML sitemap, which will show all the sections, subsections and articles on your site.
Support - not used.
Use this extension on my personal blog and other sites that I created .
Engaged in web technologies since March 2007. Use Joomla since December 2009.
Easy to make and submit a XML sitemap for Google, Yahoo & Bing for SEO. Best plugin of this type!