* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead.
Like others I have really struggled, and have now come to the point where I have to abandon xmap and try other options, as registering in Google Webmaster Tools is essential to my site.
But I'll keep an eye on the product and come back when issues have been solved ;)
By the way - if you just need a html sitemap to please your users, Xmap 2.0 is an excellent choice!
Recently I experienced freezes of the automated installation of the component when the System Restore Points plugin of Akeeba Backup was allowed and problem with the generation of the proper xml sitemap when AceSEF was used.
So the component is fine but it is challenging to find out which other component or plugin is blocking the proper generation of the xml sitemap.
If you have the html sitemap generated and nor the xml it is likely that a component is blocking it.
Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.
Could do with changing the "preferences" for something that makes more sense like "edit your MAP" as normally preferences set the overall option in joomla. But still I figured it out within 5 mins.
Had the strange mootools upgrade problem with the preferences popup not showing, searched for a while with no solution, so in the end I just disabled mootools upgrade plugin to edit my xmap then enabled again afterwards.
Still rate this as a musthave though.
I try to register on the developers website, but this seems not to be possible. Also it is not possible to register for the forum, so I cannot sumbit my problem nor reply to others with a similair problem.
I tried to contact the developer by e-mail, but no responds until now.
Very poor support!