* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
Could do with changing the "preferences" for something that makes more sense like "edit your MAP" as normally preferences set the overall option in joomla. But still I figured it out within 5 mins.
Had the strange mootools upgrade problem with the preferences popup not showing, searched for a while with no solution, so in the end I just disabled mootools upgrade plugin to edit my xmap then enabled again afterwards.
Still rate this as a musthave though.
I try to register on the developers website, but this seems not to be possible. Also it is not possible to register for the forum, so I cannot sumbit my problem nor reply to others with a similair problem.
I tried to contact the developer by e-mail, but no responds until now.
Very poor support!
But as others have said, there is virtually no support. For instance styling without hacking the core; perhaps it's possible but it's not obvious or in keeping with MVC. If you have problems be prepared for some work, or be brave.
But I see there is already a 1.6 version and from the looks of thing it has been refactored to make template over-rides easier. So it looks like this will continue to be a 'must have' extension for Joomla for the next generation.
I have a problem adding additional menues. Several others have posted the same problem in the forum as I have.
In spite of multiple postings on the issue, there have been no responses.
Where it works, it works great. But when it does not work...you are on your own.
What is also nice is that the urls for XMap are now available in XMap. My site is 1.5.22, and I made XMap into a two column and it display nicely on the front end.
All I had to do was make an XMap element of the Main Menu so that users can click on XMap in the Main menu to see the site map. Now I am satisfied.
But be careful during installation, you have to install the component first, after that install the plugin from within the component, otherwise you'll encounter the preferences function wouldn't load.
Anyway a 9/10 extension. Thanks