* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
What is also nice is that the urls for XMap are now available in XMap. My site is 1.5.22, and I made XMap into a two column and it display nicely on the front end.
All I had to do was make an XMap element of the Main Menu so that users can click on XMap in the Main menu to see the site map. Now I am satisfied.
But be careful during installation, you have to install the component first, after that install the plugin from within the component, otherwise you'll encounter the preferences function wouldn't load.
Anyway a 9/10 extension. Thanks
Xmap has picked up the baton and works really well - although it may take those unfamiliar with joomap a while to figure it out. Only problem I had was that the option to edit menu items included in the map didn't work in Firefox (worked fine in Chrome though). Also there is a link to the author which is on by default but which can be switched off in preferences.
It's great to have a properly working sitemap again - thanks to the authors and also the original author of joomap.
It was easy to install and to get going and although I haven't tried out everything that it can do, it's working a treat so far.
I've given it an excellent review, because for me it is, but the sites I'm working on are pretty simple and I can't speak for how good it is if you want an all singing, all dancing sitemap!
Great work though and much appreciated - thanks.
thanks for this extension