* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
But be careful during installation, you have to install the component first, after that install the plugin from within the component, otherwise you'll encounter the preferences function wouldn't load.
Anyway a 9/10 extension. Thanks
Xmap has picked up the baton and works really well - although it may take those unfamiliar with joomap a while to figure it out. Only problem I had was that the option to edit menu items included in the map didn't work in Firefox (worked fine in Chrome though). Also there is a link to the author which is on by default but which can be switched off in preferences.
It's great to have a properly working sitemap again - thanks to the authors and also the original author of joomap.
It was easy to install and to get going and although I haven't tried out everything that it can do, it's working a treat so far.
I've given it an excellent review, because for me it is, but the sites I'm working on are pretty simple and I can't speak for how good it is if you want an all singing, all dancing sitemap!
Great work though and much appreciated - thanks.
thanks for this extension