* Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
* Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
* Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
* Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
* Option to compress the XML sitemap
* Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
* Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7
* You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
* You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
* Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
I would have preferred that it did not show those items.
We submitted and then resubmitted the URL three times. We followed Xmap instructions and even applied a few tweaks as found via forums.
The URL and the links it generated were all manually tested by us and they were valid.
We were using Joomla's built in "Search Engine Friendly URLs." We can't be sure if this had any effect.
After all the positive reviews on this component, we were excited to put it to use. Sadly our experience conflicts with these positive reviews.
At the time of this writing we were using the newest Joomla 1.5.15 with a very new template from Rockettheme.
This is the sitemap I have been looking for. As soon as I found Xmap I installed it on all my sites.
Works perfect with Google and Yahoo...