- sitemap generation on the fly, no additional plugins needed
- submit sitemap to 4 searchengines (google, Bing, ask.com, moreover)
- Automatic priority calculation based on internal PageRank (experimental)
- shows bad links, or not crawlable sites
- with curl: max 250 parallel connections to spider urls (configurable)
- exclude list
- modification of robots.txt with the location of the sitemap
- crawling with curl of fopen
- saves config in a xml-file
There is a new forum and a new dedicated page for JCrawler!
JCrawler is under redeveloppment to create with even more features.
- fopen or Curl is required to crawl the site
I tried Xmap before but it "looses" some pages even they are in the menu (to be xmapped, pages need a link on the menu; that's why I switched to JCrawler).
In the other hand, JCrawler has been discontinued, so if you need improvements or support, a bad thing. I understand developers, but it's a pity they decided not to continue or the fact that they don’t find collaboration.
JCrawler was perfect. It found 52 links, and made a nice XML file for me too! Simple and perfect. It makes me wonder how developers (others) can get simple use value so wrong.
Well done JCrawler!
I used to work with XMAP but they messed it up completely, now it's based on the menu, instead of on the actual content on the site.
Keep the good work!
I installed on joomla 2.5 site and in less than five minutes it had the map built and submitted.
I double checked the map to make sure it was built properly because I have had problems with other extensions that are similar and eveything checked out.
Bravo to you dear developer...this is a great piece of work.
I hope everyone donates to keep you work on this going.
My advise to anyone reading this... run this before trying anything else. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.
After installed Jcrawler the problem was completely solved in a few seconds.
There is some minor errors. But they are releasing bug fixing versions in a few time base. So it will be 5 stars with the time.
Congratulations to the theme. And keep up the good effort.