This is a component for Joomla! that allows you to create pages with modular sections that visitors of your site can drag and drop in whichever order they choose. When one drags a module, the component shows the positions where user can put it (transparency feature is used to drag modules). Unique layout is saved to be used for the user coming back to the personalized pages. Standard pages’ layout is used for new site visitors.
With the Drag&Drop component users can:
- choose from a list of predefined draggable modules which they want to show on the page and add them;
- сhange modules colour on the page with a couple of clicks. 13 colours are available to select from;
- manage elements by categories dynamically (if it is applied);
- tell friends about information learned from any module on the page by email.
Administrator defines the drag and drop list structure.
Extra module for news blog sites is available to represent Last articles. The module displays last articles by sections and suggests links to articles. Users are free to manage last articles by categories dynamically. Handy representation style makes the module a favorite one.
With Drag&Drop component you can make personalized page style, easy to find desirable content and interactive. No programming skills needed to take advantage of the drag drop page style. If you have basic programming skills you can easily customize two standard templates for drag drop modules.
Joomla! 1.5 and 2.5 compatible.
See some ideas to use the Drag and Drop component:
- Drag'n'Drop can be used as a dashboard component to help you manage your business effectively. You will have quick access to all information you need every day using personalized content presentation on pages.
- Equip your employees with Netvibes like customizable dashboards to make them more effective.
- Follow in MyNsightTeleservices and other news sites footsteps! They introduced personalization and made it easy to find and read information what you came for straight away.
- Make any of your sites similar to iGoogle . Company portal, web shop, blog, news site –whatever can be interactive with this Joomla dashboard component. See Child library site using it - Biblionova.