Black Rabbit is a free Joomla component creator for Joomla 2.5 or 3.0
New features - v.1.1.4
- Bug Fix When multiple image uploads are present, only the last image was being uploaded, that has been fixed now!
- Bug Fix Image resize now working better, proportions were a little off.
- Bug Fix Error whenever deleting a field from a table view, does not save correctly in the database.. has now been fixed!!!
- Bug Fix Joomla 3.1 & Joomla 3.2 versions of module creator bug fixed.
- Helpful More checkers in place for view names, field names and form submission.
- New Ads now on the site for non-members.
New features - v.1.1.3
- New Module Creator (Structure) for Members!!
- Bug Fix Joomla 3.0 component not working well whenever K2 component is also installed.. Thanks Rainer!
New features - v.1.1.1
- Image Upload functionality added!
- Set a pixel limit on images, it resizes to those specs!
- Editable limits from component config modal, so you can set what the pixel dimensions are even after the component is created and installed.
- Also an option to delete the image uploaded
- BEFORE the image is removed from the site, it makes sure it is not being used anywhere else in the component, if it is, it doens't delete it, it just removes it from the current item.
- Bug Fix Error saving fields in other views!
New features - v.1.1.0
- Added some preset fields (user created/modified, date created/modified) to select for field types!
- Added check out for each item to the table.
- Added checkin text to admin language file.
- Added when category is set to display in manager listing view, shows the category title and a link to edit the category for each item.
New features - v.1.0.5
- When saving from a singular view, and the return listing view (in administrator) is not exact plural, then return to correct parent view! This has been a big one that I have yet to fix... until now! Whoooaa!
- Site/Models JModelList error fixed, spacing removed.
- Errors on tool when hitting edit, if no fields are required/show on manager, has been fixed!
- Custom fields file has numbers in filename, causing problems on some installations. Fix to no longer have numbers in filename.
- Removed number limitations from field names.
- Changed foreach/if statements to be brackets instead of colons. Taking code editors that look for brackets into consideration.
- Added notes about ID field already being created in each table.
New features - v.1.0.1
- Language support added for BRCC site home page! (English, Spanish and French) - German coming
Simple yet the thought behind it is beyond .....
I have always thought that creating a component was beyond my reach, however with this tool, as a beginner to help with all the basic's and ensure you have the best start, this is the best. If you are thinking of designing your own component and looking for the best designed structured layout then look no further. As a novice I pointed out a few simple issues, ( my fault for not looking for into the MVC structure) and got replies from the developer straight away.
This tool is a must for all persons trying to create components & modules and have a base template from which to work from.
For me well worth the extra few euros for a paid subscription.
Thanks Caleb for making this free for us :-)
I've been using Joomla for several years and have even created several components for my own use, but this component just did for me in five minutes what I have spent days doing previously.
The developer is still working at bringing new features and responded immediately to my emails.
I am genuinely excited to see what this component will be able to create, and I look forward to my future with Joomla as this has just made my life so much easier!
Then i discouvered Calebs Black Rabbit Joomla! component creator and things suddenly started making sense. His wizard is a joy to use and walks you through the basics of setting up a component without the need to manually set up the structure time and time again. It then spits out a 100% functional installable component that you can build on from there...what more could you possibly ask for.
The developer Caleb is prompt answering questions, and is working on and developing the tool actively. I emailed him feedback with an issue I discovered and I had an email from him within an hour acknowledging the issue, and it was fixed later that night...I don't know about you - but that is impressive.
I do not normally write reviews - but I just had to for this one...a no-brainer for anyone thinking about making a component of their own, novice to advanced it will save you time and headache! Do yourself a favour and try it!