- This extension requires registration to download.
The Joomla Component Creator is a component builder lets you effortlessly develop, customize and build ready-to-install components for the Joomla 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0 platforms. A component view can hold multiple custom fields and can allow both back and front end editing. All Joomla component field types are supported as well as many custom ones including foreign keys.
Component code generated strictly follows the Joomla MVC structure and formatting guides.
You can develop a fully functioning component in 5 minutes:
1. Name your component
2. Add a table/view
3. Add fields
4. Build your component
5. Install the component in your Joomla Admin
If you have ever developed a Joomla component before then you know that a lot of time is spent on copy pasting views, controllers and models and renaming them. Now you no longer need to do this as the Component Creator will create a fully functioning component for you. Once you have named your component and added tables, views and fields you simply click “build component” and download a ready to install zipped up fully working component with a complete interface to add, edit and delete the data structure you have set up.
- Design component database tables and generate SQL install code
- Design admin list and form views for each table
- Generate list and detail views for the front end
- Easily add front end forms with ACL control
- SQL import of existing tables for your component
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) Compatible
Field types supported
- All Joomla Core Fields
- All SQL fields
- Foreign Key
- Created by
- Time updated
- Follows the Joomla coding standards
- Create fully installable MVC component ready to extend
- Includes language files (in English), ready to translate
- Compatible with Joomla 1.6 to 3.0
The most complete component builder ever made for Joomla
But not only is the component creator great, it is backed by an extremly patient and professional customer service that handles any problems you may have with swiftness and precision.
The only problems I have had so far with the component creator has either been from my own misunderstanding or from server problems. Two thumbs up!
I had some custom written components in Joomla 1.5. Now I used the Component Creator to create a fresh new Joomla 2.5 components and just changed one php file with some php code and I had new fresh Joomla 2.5 components. No upgrade, just fresh !
Perfect. Even the support is perfect and although i did not pay anything they pointed me in the right direction.
Furthermore, it's very easy to use and builds a good starting point for your components.
A minor drawback could be when you need to rebuild and update the component (e.g. bugfix) which would overwrite any custom changes you may have done.
I created a few tables by a few clicks and it saved me hours of work.
Unfortunately there is few documentation at the moment, but I asked a question with the contact form and got a very fast and helpful response. They are currently working on that...
Both thumbs up, it's worth the subscription!
Our only critique is that the tool was released before their knowledgebase was online. Thankfully we sent in our question via their support ticket system and had our questions answered quickly and thoroughly.
There is definitely room for growth but considering this is a new release, I can only see it getting better.
Support was also quick, knowledgeable and courteous.
Couple of suggestions:
1) Make the table fields draggable and droppable. It is a pain in the *** to reorder manually.
2) Allow multiple category selection in a field. This is kinda difficult to do in Joomla, and it would greatly help.