* Online availability and enquiries
* Online booking with payment via PayPal, Skrill, or PayPlug
* Search on availability, occupancy or feature
* Choice of displays including clickable Daily Calendar View
* Full back end administration system with reports and charts
* Any number of properties
* Multi-currency with any number of currencies
* Flexible pricing - every day can have a different price
* Flexible discounting for multi-period and/or early bookings
* Flexible payment scheduling
* Automatic exchange rate updates
* Automatic payment due reminder emails
* Highly configurable
* Multi-language with full JoomFish and FaLang support
* Detailed PDF User Guide
Rentalot Plus builds on our popular free Rentalot system to deliver a full-featured self-booking property rental system.
My client needs a simple easy to manage solution. I need an easy to install solution with good documentation and good support. I had a question about configuration and it was answered quickly and politely.
I'm happy to submit an excellent review for an excellent product.
It works great and the PDF instructions are very concise and clear.
The support is top level: I had a question and they answered right away (although I bought the basic version). For now, I don't have any problems and it's all working perfectly.
I am using the extension on a website for a language school, i.e. for clients to book courses.
If you're not sure if this product is right for you, I suggest you check the quality and content of the User's Guide which is a free download.
Specifying different pricing for each day of the week can be tedious but I was able to create daily prices to the end of the year, export the pricing table using phpMyAdmin, quickly make the required changes and then import the data back into the table without too much fuss. Ideally, a pricing CSV import feature would be ideal but not a show stopper for me.
CSV import/export of prices was added in version 5.0 and certainly does make life easier for people with daily prices or multiple units.
I am the owner of a resort and after being badly let down by a web designer decided to built my own website in Joomla. I had never done this before and so it was a steep learning curve. The site had to have an online booking system as this is how we get 95% of our business. I decided to use Rentalot Plus and I am so glad that I did. The PDF which comes with it is very comprehensive but on the occasions when I got stuck the support was just brilliant. I'm sure some of my questions were a bit dumb due to my lack of knowledge in building a site but they had endless patience and led me by the hand through the bits I didn't understand.
A big thanks to the Rentalot team. I highly recommend them.
The support was first class even BEFORE I purchased the extension.
As it is not doing exactly what I wanted, they even offer an immediate refund (no I rather stay with them and wait for the next release)
The extension is really simple to understand, install and configure.
but as I'm a perfectionist, I have to say that it lacks a little in the GUY. Please note that I'm not talking about the usability! No, no ... that's excellent, I'm talking about the graphics.
RentalotPLUS does what it say;usage is very simple; the documentation is CLEAR and COMPLETE; the support is stellar; and I'm happy with it.
Thanks! The graphics we include with the product are really samples to give you ideas and help you get up and running quickly. We expect that you will want to find your own graphics to suit your template and site theme. Having said that, a lot of people do seem to use the free graphics that we include.
The help I received solving teething problems was second to none and I cannot thank them enough. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
I used this component to build a simple website for rental of an apartment (short stay). You could take a peek at www.vakantie-huis-drenthe.com. It is build on Joomla 1.6. I chose RentaLot Plus at first, because it is Joomla 1.6 compatible. My experience level for Joomla: 4 1/2 years. I used the standard Atomic template with RentaLot Plus to build the website.
- Price (build this thing yourself for €35,- don't think so..), competing compon. are also a bit more expensive (around €50,-)
- Support A+++, and quick responses
- Very flexible
- Fast updates
- No impact on loading time of website and performance.
- Straightforward administration of bookings, and payment accounts.
- Cross-browser compatible
- It is easy to set this thing up, and customize it.
- Text translation of the front-end of the component is a bit scattered in the backend of the component and in the language files. I personally prefer to have this in one place (in language file or in the backend). But you could differ in opinion on this matter.
- All styling of the component in .css files, and classes or id's for the different elements(BUT e-mailed a support request about where I could find the styling of buttons in the code and the "yes those dates are available" and the "sorry those dates are not available" text when doing an availability search. Next day they updated the component with these features and lengthened my download subscription with a month for free... Woooow, how's that for support!)
- Can't think of anything else.
I can really recommend RentaLot Plus as a booking component!! I used it for a simple one-apartment booking component, and it works like a charm. No regrets at all, think the client will be happy with it too.
Customer support is also outstanding. My questions were all answered and problems taken care of in a timely manner.
You will not be disappointed! This component is genius.
However, I received good support from the team:
- I received a response immediately
- was done carefully controlling the problem
- I received clear instructions on how to proceed ...
Rentalot I think is a great product, and support is very professional
The extension is very easy to configure en looks great in front- and backend. The only thing (for me) that is missing is the ability to set up multiple booking periods (week, weekend, midweek) but this also has the developers attention.
I am looking forward to new versions.