* Online availability and enquiries
* Online booking with payment via PayPal or Moneybookers
* Search on availability, occupancy or feature
* Choice of displays including clickable Daily Calendar View
* Full back end administration system with reports and charts
* Any number of properties
* Multi-currency with any number of currencies
* Flexible pricing - every day can have a different price
* Flexible discounting for multi-period and/or early bookings
* Flexible payment scheduling
* Automatic exchange rate updates
* Automatic payment due reminder emails
* Highly configurable
* Multi-language with full JoomFish and FaLang support
* Detailed PDF User Guide
Rentalot Plus builds on our popular free Rentalot system to deliver a full-featured self-booking property rental system.
I am the owner of a resort and after being badly let down by a web designer decided to built my own website in Joomla. I had never done this before and so it was a steep learning curve. The site had to have an online booking system as this is how we get 95% of our business. I decided to use Rentalot Plus and I am so glad that I did. The PDF which comes with it is very comprehensive but on the occasions when I got stuck the support was just brilliant. I'm sure some of my questions were a bit dumb due to my lack of knowledge in building a site but they had endless patience and led me by the hand through the bits I didn't understand.
A big thanks to the Rentalot team. I highly recommend them.
The support was first class even BEFORE I purchased the extension.
As it is not doing exactly what I wanted, they even offer an immediate refund (no I rather stay with them and wait for the next release)
The extension is really simple to understand, install and configure.
but as I'm a perfectionist, I have to say that it lacks a little in the GUY. Please note that I'm not talking about the usability! No, no ... that's excellent, I'm talking about the graphics.
RentalotPLUS does what it say;usage is very simple; the documentation is CLEAR and COMPLETE; the support is stellar; and I'm happy with it.
Thanks! The graphics we include with the product are really samples to give you ideas and help you get up and running quickly. We expect that you will want to find your own graphics to suit your template and site theme. Having said that, a lot of people do seem to use the free graphics that we include.
The help I received solving teething problems was second to none and I cannot thank them enough. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
I used this component to build a simple website for rental of an apartment (short stay). You could take a peek at www.vakantie-huis-drenthe.com. It is build on Joomla 1.6. I chose RentaLot Plus at first, because it is Joomla 1.6 compatible. My experience level for Joomla: 4 1/2 years. I used the standard Atomic template with RentaLot Plus to build the website.
- Price (build this thing yourself for €35,- don't think so..), competing compon. are also a bit more expensive (around €50,-)
- Support A+++, and quick responses
- Very flexible
- Fast updates
- No impact on loading time of website and performance.
- Straightforward administration of bookings, and payment accounts.
- Cross-browser compatible
- It is easy to set this thing up, and customize it.
- Text translation of the front-end of the component is a bit scattered in the backend of the component and in the language files. I personally prefer to have this in one place (in language file or in the backend). But you could differ in opinion on this matter.
- All styling of the component in .css files, and classes or id's for the different elements(BUT e-mailed a support request about where I could find the styling of buttons in the code and the "yes those dates are available" and the "sorry those dates are not available" text when doing an availability search. Next day they updated the component with these features and lengthened my download subscription with a month for free... Woooow, how's that for support!)
- Can't think of anything else.
I can really recommend RentaLot Plus as a booking component!! I used it for a simple one-apartment booking component, and it works like a charm. No regrets at all, think the client will be happy with it too.
Customer support is also outstanding. My questions were all answered and problems taken care of in a timely manner.
You will not be disappointed! This component is genius.
However, I received good support from the team:
- I received a response immediately
- was done carefully controlling the problem
- I received clear instructions on how to proceed ...
Rentalot I think is a great product, and support is very professional
The extension is very easy to configure en looks great in front- and backend. The only thing (for me) that is missing is the ability to set up multiple booking periods (week, weekend, midweek) but this also has the developers attention.
I am looking forward to new versions.
This provides the perfect balance. You can use multiple currencies, have fully flexible renting periods. You can have calendar views or table views of your availability with or without prices.
You can define extras, e.g. towel packs, extra beds and price them each, by week etc.
You can set discounts for multiple booking periods, and setup a payment schedule (e.g. 30% on booking, balance 4 weeks before etc.)
You can choose to show booked periods or not, show unit descriptions or not, provide text before and after the calendar/table.
It has flexible forms built in to capture enquiry/booking details, flexible email options.
There are a few reports available too, though I haven't used these yet.
You can enable online payments through Paypal/moneybookers or the system is very useful even without this.
It also comes with the most important thing - good documentation and a developer who takes pride in his work, and fixes bugs quickly.
Rentalot Plus is incredible value too.
Can't recommend this highly enough. Thanks Chris.
(As there are spa hotels with 7*, why not to give it to an outstanding extension)
It offers more than relaxing massage, jacuzzi and big swimming pool below palm trees. Much more I will say.
Working straight 12 hours on implementing Rentalot Plus on my site (ok, I admit, I had some brake time), and it is done, I mean d.o.n.e. Perfect, works like a charm, intuitive, well documented, and what is the best thing I have 3 apartments live one site, ready to be booked.
Tested all I can think of, and it is not showing me any errors. Now, I can go to sleep, and I will not be surprised if I get some apartment booked, and what is the best, system email send is personalized so well, that customer will have a great feeling of fast response.
What should be added to Rentalot Plus. I cannot think of it right now, as for 35 EUR you cannot ask for more.
Great job, best extension I have ever purchased.
I am using Joomla 1.6 since January this year, love it, and 'am planning to move all my other websites to it soon (just about 10 other sites :)
Cheers to Joomla 1.6 and Rentalot Plus
You made my day easy and busy
If you are planning on renting out properties or rooms etc, then I really do recommend this component...And I've not even needed to use support yet as the 70 manual is so well written! Well Done.
We take great pride in our software and in the support we provide. If you encounter a bug or a problem in any of our software, we will fix it. If you encounter a usage difficulty or ambiguity, we will help you, and we then amend our documentation to provide the same help to all our users.
This user did not report any kind of bug or problem, he wanted help to implement a complex new feature. In this case we felt that this went far beyond the remit of normal support, and we declined. We do have to draw a line between support and consultancy, and we are happy that we made the right decision in this case.