The core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
All of this is free!
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout we possibly can.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
But that's not all. We wanted to take the jintour quoted scenario of seats on a bus a step further.
We needed a seat on a bus to only be available on a given day of a week and some seats were going to be sat in for 1 week, 2 weeks etc (a long tour).
The hotel concept of Jomres implementation gives you all that, as long as you can learn to think outside the box & interpret the functionality to suit your needs when operating a tour based booking system.
Jomres support is first class & should it come to getting your hands dirty in the code, the design concept developed by the Jomres team provides you with a reliable structure upon which to build your design.
Thank you Vince & Aladar!!
If u are building a simple single property site with one room or multiple rooms, Jomres can handle it.
If u are building a complex site with many different propertys, multi rooms, single rooms, hotels, apartments, villas, tours (yes, even tours) Jomres can handle it.
It's been over 6 month since i've started using Jomres and it's still surprising me with new features.
If u have a demanding client (like i did), Jomres is the way of choise.
Support is excellent, Vince and Aladar are doing a great job.
The team is constantly working on new features, making Jomres even better.
Once you managed the huge possibility the system brings, you have a true companion which is extend able by plenty of plug-ins for all reasons.
In the case of a problem there will be a fast and responsive support team.
Huge documentation, Forum plus the Support Team; just great!
I have not found another similar component that compares to JomRes. Once you become familiar with the basics, it is easy enough to configure JomRes the way you want.
Support is excellent. My only complaint is that you must update the component frequently, which is always a risk because any other components, plugins, modules or even your template may not be compatible with new versions. However, JomRes support has helped me through this kind of thing more than once, and there has always been a solution (normally it's finding and updating a badly behaving plugin).
Kudos to the developers and JomRes support!
Of course, make sure that you BUY the system. You can use the free version to try it out, sure, but the real power comes from all the different plugins, and not to mention the excellent support! I have tried several different extensions, but noone is even close to Jomres when it comes to customer support.
For me, this is the only booking system I will ever consider using, as it has features that no other system has - customizable search modules, easy to use calendars, and google maps integration, just to mention some of them. And should you need to change something, you can easily do so yourself (as long as you know a little html and php).
I have developed many Joomla websites from 1.5 to 3. I am very used to a range of components and how to override their output. With this in mind I can honestly say that I found JomRes to be a nightmare!
JomRes does not integrate with Joomla in the usual way. They may pretend that it does but it simply does not. JomRes is built first and foremost as a standalone booking system. If you login to the admin side of Joomla the only JomRes page is the setup page. You cannot add or administer adverts in the back end, everything has to be done in the front end.
A major flaw is that your website ends up having two menus. One menu is your normal main menu and then you are also forced to have a second JomRes menu. There is no way to integrate the two menus. Normally Joomla components have a number of views which can be selected by setting up your menu items, JomRes has one. You cannot link to categories or specific adverts, you can only link to the home page of JomRes.
Template overrides are normally very easy to implement for the majority of Joomla components. JomRes works differently, you do not copy the template files into your own site template and then modify them. JomRes has it's own system, you have to modify files using their online file editor and then the changes are stored in the database! Surely code should be stored in actual files and not in the database? Surely this over inflates the database and slows down your site?
I can see how JomRes will work well on it's own but if you are building a Joomla site then you are doing so for a reason - to use the usual Joomla benefits. Essentially, you end up with a Joomla website with a link to a JomRes website. If you want a truly integrated solution (as I did) then look elsewhere.
A lot of people find JomRes very good so it might be fine for you, I just wish I had known what I know now before embarking on a Joomla site with JomRes.
The JOMRES support and great community resolves most issues and are willing to help each solve new solutions. Try the rest if you like but JOMRES is the one you need.
But we got an assignment and decided to go for Jomres this time. And we have not looked back since! In reality it was really not that hard to get started with. And with their forum is easy to get pointers and help. They have a great community willing to help each other.
While setting up the client site, we ran into some errors that we were not able to fix, we raised a ticket and within the hour received a reply. We have never experienced better customer support for any Joomla extension! Thanks to the guys helping us out!
We have not looked back since, we will only be using Jomres from now on, for all our booking sites and needs. Our client is more than happy with the solution, based on the simplicity to use it from the front end, and also the very long list of features.
We have been developing Joomla sites for many years now, and this is the first extension that we recommend. Jomres has a very special place in our offices. Its truly an amazing extension and also a dedicated team behind!