The core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
All of this is free!
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout we possibly can.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
Many thanks for the review, I'm sorry we're not in the same hemisphere and can't provide immediate responses to all questions.
Wow. That's just...wow, very humbling to be so well regarded. Thanks Peter.
Thanks for the review eeek. If it's any help, I feel I'm learning something new every day too.
Django's sure been keeping us busy with questions :D
Thanks for taking the time to review the system, mate.
It's highly configurable, under constant development by Vince and the crew (hard keeping up with new features and improvements sometimes!), and support is second to none.
Having said that, to utilise the enormous range of possibilities available when using Jomres, the learning curve can at first glance be a tad alarming (ther is a lot to take in). Upgrades come thick and fast and if using customised templates, a certain amount of head scratching is a distinct possibility!
My advice is not to panic when something gets out of kilter, because the forum is a lively goldmine of tips, tricks and get-arounds with ontributors such as Vince himself (always appears to be logged in) and Piranha coming up with solutions 99% of the time.
So, if you want a cutting-edge solution for rentals, lets, property sales listings, or virtually any other kind of booking/appointment engine functionality - Jomres is the one to go for.
Thanks D. for taking the time to review.
v6 is rock solid, so we're hoping now to make this a long term release to allow us to focus on other stuff for the project like http://www.myholidayfinder.com which will give us all a much needed rest!
back in 2007. The developers give full support, any questions are answered quickly, it also has a full on forum and a support ticket system. well worth your investment of time as this extension is here to stay!
It's an honour and a pleasure to serve.
- modular, scalable, extendable, configurable, multilanguage
- per season tariffs
- front-end admin, multi user level
- fast and professional support
- frequent updates
- they listen customer base and often implement stuff in future releases
- high learning curve. If you need to fully unlock Jomres potential, prepare yourself for a lot of learning. Good thing is that their support quality goes in Pros section :)
- image gallery could (and must) be better. Current system is not in match with other Jomres features.
- pricey customization service. If you need customization beyond initially available features, and above own coding skills, prepare yourself for (much) higher than usual programing costs.
Conclusion: Jomres isn't for "average Joe" website. But if you invest some time and efforts and properly master Jomres, you'll be rewarded with booking system which is light year ahead of other components listed here. It almost looks like framework for building customized booking systems.
Thanks for the review, and I'm coining a new term BCCK (Booking Content Creation Kit) to describe Jomres ;)
Cons: Its high level of config means there is a big setup time. Consider the amount of information a hotel or tour needs to actually be a proper listing then you should need this anyway. Bite the bullet and do it properly configuration for each property takes time. If you have the marketing and power to get the owners submit their own property then a lot of work will be done already. However they wont understand some things straight away so expect a need to help them out. Configuring tarrifs has been made to cope with pretty much any eventuality.
However the massive support and great documentation is there for you so just realise how good this component is.
Use it to book things by date it can be configured !
I thoroughly recommend this product if you want to book things by date.
This would be a great thing for an owner to take bookings on their own site and save lots of money.
Thanks so much for the review, it's very much appreciated.
This guy is one of the nicest I've ever had the pleasure to deal with on support, it's a delight to work with him.
Thanks for the review Jaccie, glad you're happy with your site.
I recomend it without doubt.
A minor correction to this review, Jomres is available in 25 different languages, although some language files have more content translated than others.
Other than that, thanks for your feedback!
But you are not able to define a unique room (resource) specific description.
Since I think most of the Jomres users are operating a single property ( hotel ) this feature is a must.
I haven't used Jomres as a portal booking system so I don't have an established opinion about it yet.
The different advanced pricing is the most outstanding feature of Jomres.
I recommend it if you don't need the feature mentioned above.