All of these options are within your grasp with Jomres.
The Core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
All of this is free!
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout possible.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
Although Jomres is specifically designed for hotel rooms its advertising blurb and example site showed villas as well, and having looked at a few other offerings Jomres appeared to be the best fit for my needs.
On a level of difficulty I'd say that you need to be 'reasonably experienced' to get the best out of it and the Help manual assumes a certain level of programming/coding knowledge. However, persist with it and you do get the results.
Support has been good, particularly when my first site went live earlier this week and 'real life' + human users threw up some issues and challenges, my support requests were answered virtually immediately, you can't ask for more than that.
So in summary...bit of a steep learning curve for a newbie but great end result, very pleased.
Thanks for the review Lucien, chuffed you're up and running now.
Thanks for making us work easier.
You're welcome Manuel.
The extensions: You need them and they will make your work 100% easier. Just about everything you need is covered by becoming a paid member that the cost then becomes negligible.
Some understand of PHP is required and if you are a master at PHP, then Jomres will dance for you.
The Jomres core itself will get you started and is quite powerful as it is, so be prepared for a bit of a learning curve. Thats how I started and I soon become aware of how good this system is, that I just needed more!
Keep up the good work Vince, its an amazing product that I am more than happy to recommend!
Thanks again! Great work!
Many thanks for the review, I'm sorry we're not in the same hemisphere and can't provide immediate responses to all questions.
Wow. That's just...wow, very humbling to be so well regarded. Thanks Peter.
Thanks for the review eeek. If it's any help, I feel I'm learning something new every day too.
Django's sure been keeping us busy with questions :D
Thanks for taking the time to review the system, mate.
It's highly configurable, under constant development by Vince and the crew (hard keeping up with new features and improvements sometimes!), and support is second to none.
Having said that, to utilise the enormous range of possibilities available when using Jomres, the learning curve can at first glance be a tad alarming (ther is a lot to take in). Upgrades come thick and fast and if using customised templates, a certain amount of head scratching is a distinct possibility!
My advice is not to panic when something gets out of kilter, because the forum is a lively goldmine of tips, tricks and get-arounds with ontributors such as Vince himself (always appears to be logged in) and Piranha coming up with solutions 99% of the time.
So, if you want a cutting-edge solution for rentals, lets, property sales listings, or virtually any other kind of booking/appointment engine functionality - Jomres is the one to go for.
Thanks D. for taking the time to review.
v6 is rock solid, so we're hoping now to make this a long term release to allow us to focus on other stuff for the project like http://www.myholidayfinder.com which will give us all a much needed rest!
back in 2007. The developers give full support, any questions are answered quickly, it also has a full on forum and a support ticket system. well worth your investment of time as this extension is here to stay!
It's an honour and a pleasure to serve.