The core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
New to v8.1 : Booking Approvals, Email template editing and Wordpress integration.
All of this is free!
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout we possibly can.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
The Developer states that this is not a fly-by-night operation and that he's in it for the long haul - and he has certainly proved that to me during the past year.
I have never been involved in the hospitality industry before finally opening our Bed and Breakfast last Christmas, but I knew that I would need a system that could accept bookings and take deposits while I was asleep.
Jomres is an incredibly complex piece of software and I am still finding out new things about it - but it does what it's supposed to do.
I have raised many, many Bug reports and they have all been addressed and resolved very quickly.
On many occasions Vince has incorporated new suggestions or has explained why Jomres needs to work the way it does.
I haven't seen any better application available for this purpose and the Bug handling is recently even faster, thanks to Aladar.
I am admired by functions. It on the realy professional work.
I am happy.
However I have two remarks:
1. Slowly works under joomla
2. Very bad localisation on Russian (translate through software) is necessary for retranslating 95 % of the text. I will do translate independently. If jomres team want I can give translate to them.
Thank you for your kind words. Regarding the speed, try disabling the html purifier functionality (it can slow your site down). As for the translated language file, please raise a support ticket so that we can see about adding the file to the core system.
JOMRES keeps the user on your site and fits in to most Joomla or Standalone templates with ease.
One thing that comes to mind is do not take JOMRES for a basic system, it has a lot of features to make it a One Stop piece of software. I strongly recommend reading the manual and keep it close (desktop shortcut or hard copy) as there are a lot of little things that you might get stuck on which a very well explained in the manual. Swallow your pride gentlemen, Read the manual.
Thanks to the JOMRES team for helping the Raceweek team get a running start.
First of all great support, previous version had some small bugs, but when I told Vince about that, not only he fixed those, but he also implemented about 5 of my ideas into the new version " just like that" without asking me extra, he just used my ideas and I was pleased to find them there.
The script kicks off lot of other booking scripts.
It just works.
Some design flaws here and there but hey what you expect from programmers :) .
The price you pay for the commercial version is not much, it is a fair price, I searched about a day for other similar scripts - they were either very expensive starting from 600 euro/site, or they weren't good.
Jomres comes with LOTS of features and options (Have a look at the Online Manual) which need to be set to your personal/business requirements, so you will have to invest some time to learn how everything works together. If you want to customize the page layout, some basic knowledge of (how to change) HTML, PHP and CSS is helpful.
In case of any problem with Jomres, support from the developer has always been excellent.
Jomres is beeing developed full time, which is a clear advantage over most competitors and if you have a good idea/suggestion which would make Jomres even better, the developer frequently turns it into code with an amazing speed.
In my opinion Jomres is the best value for money you can get if you want to stay in the rental business for quite a while.
Both thumbs up for this one!
That was until I found Jomres - Written by Vince of Woolley.
Jomres is simple to use, highly customizable and stable. It is flexible and the support is second to none.
A first class service and a first class product.
You will need to understand Joomla, and if you want to tailor the package this should be easy to do as the templates are easily edited.
Give it a go - you won't regret it. Vince is so helpful and will have you running a great site in no time.
However, I don't believe the fact it needs customization to be a bad thing. It makes your site more powerful and with the support on the forum and from the ticket system, it's definitely worth trying the demo for free on their site.
Props to Vince and Hazel.
The component is one of those you need to work with. You need to work on the styling of the pages. It is a bit like Virtuemart - out of the box there are better looking components.
With quite a bit of work my set up looks pretty good.
Vince Woolly and Hazel man the forum. They give a very good service.
You are not left without some support. Sometimes it is beyond what the component will do but if there is a reasonable way then he will try to help.
I would recommend this as a booking engine and with work a presentation component for rentals.
It can also be used for sales of property if you like.
It can be translated - but not through Joomfish (though this is needed to effect language switches) It will go SEF with sh404SEF and it also has an Xmap plugin.
What more could you want. It is worth every penny - really
After searching for a while i found Jomres. I created a test site, and after figuring out how the software works, which is not easy, I came to the conclusion that 90% of what I needed was already there, because of the tremendous flexibility. And for some other things the programmer created some adaptations. Some of the more complex things that I needed can be created using plugins. This is a very smart feature of Jomres. You can create your own plugins, just for your purpose. And if a new version of Jomres comes out, your custom created code will be maintained.
The current Version of Jomres makes it a lot easier for starting user. The support for Jomres is great. This is a very important argument for me, looking at my previous experiences.
In short: A Great piece of software for a great price. It can be used for rental agencies (builtin commisions) or property owners.