All of these options are within your grasp with Jomres.
The Core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
All of this is free!
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout possible.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
Jomres comes with LOTS of features and options (Have a look at the Online Manual) which need to be set to your personal/business requirements, so you will have to invest some time to learn how everything works together. If you want to customize the page layout, some basic knowledge of (how to change) HTML, PHP and CSS is helpful.
In case of any problem with Jomres, support from the developer has always been excellent.
Jomres is beeing developed full time, which is a clear advantage over most competitors and if you have a good idea/suggestion which would make Jomres even better, the developer frequently turns it into code with an amazing speed.
In my opinion Jomres is the best value for money you can get if you want to stay in the rental business for quite a while.
Both thumbs up for this one!
That was until I found Jomres - Written by Vince of Woolley.
Jomres is simple to use, highly customizable and stable. It is flexible and the support is second to none.
A first class service and a first class product.
You will need to understand Joomla, and if you want to tailor the package this should be easy to do as the templates are easily edited.
Give it a go - you won't regret it. Vince is so helpful and will have you running a great site in no time.
However, I don't believe the fact it needs customization to be a bad thing. It makes your site more powerful and with the support on the forum and from the ticket system, it's definitely worth trying the demo for free on their site.
Props to Vince and Hazel.
The component is one of those you need to work with. You need to work on the styling of the pages. It is a bit like Virtuemart - out of the box there are better looking components.
With quite a bit of work my set up looks pretty good.
Vince Woolly and Hazel man the forum. They give a very good service.
You are not left without some support. Sometimes it is beyond what the component will do but if there is a reasonable way then he will try to help.
I would recommend this as a booking engine and with work a presentation component for rentals.
It can also be used for sales of property if you like.
It can be translated - but not through Joomfish (though this is needed to effect language switches) It will go SEF with sh404SEF and it also has an Xmap plugin.
What more could you want. It is worth every penny - really
After searching for a while i found Jomres. I created a test site, and after figuring out how the software works, which is not easy, I came to the conclusion that 90% of what I needed was already there, because of the tremendous flexibility. And for some other things the programmer created some adaptations. Some of the more complex things that I needed can be created using plugins. This is a very smart feature of Jomres. You can create your own plugins, just for your purpose. And if a new version of Jomres comes out, your custom created code will be maintained.
The current Version of Jomres makes it a lot easier for starting user. The support for Jomres is great. This is a very important argument for me, looking at my previous experiences.
In short: A Great piece of software for a great price. It can be used for rental agencies (builtin commisions) or property owners.
First it is incredibly flexible. In the concept I’m renting out, Camping Rafts, a regular setup of a booking system for hotels or cottages didn’t work. Jomres is highly customizable and the beautiful part is that when you use it customized, this won’t be lost when upgrading to the newest version. So you can have Jomres cut exactly to your needs and still be up-to-date.
Second Jomres comes with lots and lots of features, like different types of tariff-setups, single-room-property features, smart discount system and the possibility of customised payment gateways besides the standard PayPal gateway. So if you have a hotel, a cottage, a camping raft, a camping or a holiday portal, Jomres will fit your needs, though it might need some effort.
My third and most important comment will be about the level of service that comes with the extension. I like people who run an honest business by selling a great product but I love people who do this AND provide support in a way that is constructive, friendly and fast. These are all elements Vince and Hazel excel in.
So, long story short...
A great extension when you need a booking system for whatever business you're running with the best support I've experienced yet. Besides that for lifetime free upgrades and support I think it sells to cheap.
I've just been through the upgrade (free) to v3.1. What an improvement! The install is now simple, the set up is much more intuitive, the support documentation makes sense and is easy to find and follow and the included templates are professionally done and look great. You really can use the out-of-the-box look without digging into code to make changes.
For anyone actally using the day to day functions to manage bookings, the process flow is simple and logical. The added ability to email Guest confirmations and change bookings after they have been confirmed actually makes Jomres a joy to use.
I've also found that the support (ticket system and forum) is fast, accurate and to the point with almost all my questions answered within 24 hours.
I'm a user with almost no programming experience and was new to Joomla too. Jomres on Joomla 1.5 really does not require any prevous experience with either if you follow the Jomres support documentation! There is a free demo version which you can set up and then convert to your real site when you buy with no changes to be made.
If you are looking for an online real time booking system for your small hotel, guesthoue or villa then I can honestly recommend Jomres as the answer to your needs.
And above all that, theres a great support team behind the project which wont let you down if you happen to run into a problem, or maybe mess something up ;p
Anyway, if your looking for a reservation system of any kind, I would highly recommend Jomres !
Installation & Setup: 4/5
Support: 7/5 :)
Wish list: improved accounting and reporting
We had trouble in the beginning with our hosting provider which we had to change eventually on a recommendation of Vince. We are very happy now with the hosting and jomres.
The support is fast - usually within minutes! - and right to the point.
Highly recommended extension!
The software is very flexible and can be tailored to most setups
My only want would be to have a lightbox style property display and slidshow as this will add a new level of polish to the already professional system. (So if anyone wants to make a plugin for this. that would be great! let me know :D)
Co-Director & Manager of Website Services
You might have missed the thickbox "carousel" thickbox slideshow plugin available in the General Discussion forum, the sticky thread's titled "New slideshow plugins"
The support by vince and his crew is really quick and helpfull. For me THE solution for rentals of all kind