The core system is free, if you want a simple booking or reservation component for your hotel's site then the free core system is all you need to get up and running. If you decide you want to add functionality to your hotel later on then you can upgrade to Jomres Solo, Silver or Gold to allow you to install some of the many plugins available.
Don't offer another cookie-cutter booking site, be creative and innovate, using Jomres as the foundation you can build upon.
All of this is free!
- Tried and tested. Jomres is a true booking portal and has thousands of users who've helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it's class.
- The property manager's interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most fluid, logical layout we possibly can.
- Great dashboard with drag and click to create a booking, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
- Intelligent, ajax driven booking form. Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas. If the guest's not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a form instead. It can also be used for hiring other items like cars, boats and tools.
- Guests, invoices and booking listings are all ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
- Modular, it's designed to be third party plugin friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
- Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
- Google maps well supported, drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move.
- QR codes in both front and backend facing pages, so receptionists can scan a customer's booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
- Fully automatic exchange rate conversion. No configuration required at all, Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
- Review functionality, which can either be automatically approved or not.
- Detailed invoicing shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
- Channel Management integration is currently under development.
- All property management is done via the frontend of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
- Legendary support. See our review history for yourself, we have always been committed to providing the best support we can to our users.
First it is incredibly flexible. In the concept I’m renting out, Camping Rafts, a regular setup of a booking system for hotels or cottages didn’t work. Jomres is highly customizable and the beautiful part is that when you use it customized, this won’t be lost when upgrading to the newest version. So you can have Jomres cut exactly to your needs and still be up-to-date.
Second Jomres comes with lots and lots of features, like different types of tariff-setups, single-room-property features, smart discount system and the possibility of customised payment gateways besides the standard PayPal gateway. So if you have a hotel, a cottage, a camping raft, a camping or a holiday portal, Jomres will fit your needs, though it might need some effort.
My third and most important comment will be about the level of service that comes with the extension. I like people who run an honest business by selling a great product but I love people who do this AND provide support in a way that is constructive, friendly and fast. These are all elements Vince and Hazel excel in.
So, long story short...
A great extension when you need a booking system for whatever business you're running with the best support I've experienced yet. Besides that for lifetime free upgrades and support I think it sells to cheap.
I've just been through the upgrade (free) to v3.1. What an improvement! The install is now simple, the set up is much more intuitive, the support documentation makes sense and is easy to find and follow and the included templates are professionally done and look great. You really can use the out-of-the-box look without digging into code to make changes.
For anyone actally using the day to day functions to manage bookings, the process flow is simple and logical. The added ability to email Guest confirmations and change bookings after they have been confirmed actually makes Jomres a joy to use.
I've also found that the support (ticket system and forum) is fast, accurate and to the point with almost all my questions answered within 24 hours.
I'm a user with almost no programming experience and was new to Joomla too. Jomres on Joomla 1.5 really does not require any prevous experience with either if you follow the Jomres support documentation! There is a free demo version which you can set up and then convert to your real site when you buy with no changes to be made.
If you are looking for an online real time booking system for your small hotel, guesthoue or villa then I can honestly recommend Jomres as the answer to your needs.
And above all that, theres a great support team behind the project which wont let you down if you happen to run into a problem, or maybe mess something up ;p
Anyway, if your looking for a reservation system of any kind, I would highly recommend Jomres !
Installation & Setup: 4/5
Support: 7/5 :)
Wish list: improved accounting and reporting
We had trouble in the beginning with our hosting provider which we had to change eventually on a recommendation of Vince. We are very happy now with the hosting and jomres.
The support is fast - usually within minutes! - and right to the point.
Highly recommended extension!
The software is very flexible and can be tailored to most setups
My only want would be to have a lightbox style property display and slidshow as this will add a new level of polish to the already professional system. (So if anyone wants to make a plugin for this. that would be great! let me know :D)
Co-Director & Manager of Website Services
You might have missed the thickbox "carousel" thickbox slideshow plugin available in the General Discussion forum, the sticky thread's titled "New slideshow plugins"
The support by vince and his crew is really quick and helpfull. For me THE solution for rentals of all kind
There is a BUT however.
I found problems going beyond the out of the box implementation. The documentation is comprehensive but not well presented in that answers, whilst almost always there, are often hard to find simply because you don't know exactly what you are looking for or where to look. For an experienced programmer that may not be a problem but for a person with little technical skill it's hard and frustrating. Often I am looking for a simple, how do I do answer but instead find a comprehensive, in depth technical thesis from which more reasearch and learning is required to understand the answer I'm looking for.
There are many tantalizing and great sounding add ons available but you really need to know what is going on to make some of them work. Well beyond my ability.
Because Vince seems willing to answer and deal with even the most simple of questions, none of the above is a real problem unless you feel guilty, as I do, about always bugging him.
I'd recommend, without reservation (!), Jomres to anyone who needs booking on their web site but if want to configure it further and you don't know patTemplates, some PHP and a whole lot of HTML you will either be submitting daily tickets or spending hours looking for answers.
I can happily report that having required support for this product today I found Vince to be extremely helpful.
The problem was sorted quickly and efficiently and Vince was friendly and helpful.
Packed full of features yet still smooth running and easy to learn. It's a snap to modify the source to suit your needs and to tweek the design to suit your own site and if you ever have any problems Vince (developer) is always there to help. The support you get from him is amazing, you can tell he really cares about his creation, which is great for the user as improvements are constantly being made. Every support ticket I have submitted has been answered within a couple of hours and Vince has never let me down yet.
If your looking for a professional reservation/booking system then you've found it, your wasting your time looking further.