Although we have now released a "Plus" version of Rentalot, many people will find the original version more than adequate for their needs. This is not just a demo for the real thing! It served us well in our rental business for over two years and we will continue to maintain it. We only wrote the Plus version because so many people asked us to!
At the front end, Rentalot provides an availability calendar with prices and availability automatically generated from the prices and bookings in the Rentalot database.
For the back end administration, Rentalot provides simple maintenance of prices, bookings and currencies with several reports.
A notification script runs daily to send email reminders about arrivals, departures, and payments due, and to automatically update exchange rates.
* Single or multiple rental units.
* Single or multiple currencies with automatic rate updates. A configurable adjustment factor is applied to the downloaded rates to ensure you recover the costs of accepting foreign currencies.
* Configurable base currency.
* Handles any configuration of pricing periods, for example weekly, daily, or completely irregular.
* Automatically matches bookings to any number of pricing periods.
* Automatically builds a price and availability table for the front-end website.
* Automatic calculation of pricing and payment schedules, with up to four payments per booking. All amounts and dates can be over-ridden manually.
* Flexible configuration of automatic payment due notifications.
* Detailed financial position report in your base currency.
* Scheduling report for physical property preparation including any optional extras.
* Lead Source report for monitoring the performance of your marketing campaigns.
* Reminder emails when payments are due, or bookings start or end.
* The front end is language independent. The back end is multi-language, currently with six languages.
I have tried other booking systems, but they can be a bit complicated if you want to show your clients how to do their own thing.
This sounds like a configuration error, however, this is not the right place to ask for help.
Yes, you can choose to pay a few euros for the manual - and you should. It's clear, detailed and quite one of the best I have used. And the developer deserves it for a great piece of work!
I know Chris is working on integrating this with a calendar and promising online booking with Rentalot Plus - and that will only enhance an already good product.
In the meantime, I have split my availability - one page for each yearly quarter. I like having price and availablity in the same table. It's clear and easy to understand.
(We've set up for weekends rather than weeks as historically, that is our clients' booking preference.)
By the way - if you want to come and stay next summer, you'd better hurry - we're booking up fast!
There is one downside though, It shows availability and prices in one table. I'd like to see a calendar with availability too. People are more used to calendars than tables when it comes to dates.
If there could be a simple hook with the mini calendar it would solve all problems.
Working on it. Watch this space for Rentalot Plus, coming soon!
Rentalot does exactly what it is intended to do. It does not handle client self-booking and the free version never will.
Great component - yet unfortunately still not for most of my needs. Most of the properties I work with demand daily based booking - which rentalot can handle - just makes it a bit messy to display. Would like to see this married to 'MiniCalendar' component of yours.
Multiple currencies are supported as are multiple prices per unit based upon dates.
A nice backend admin component calculates pricing , shows confirmed bookings as well as a financial summary.
Deposits can be taken (handles fixed deposits as well as percentages, and balance of payment reminders.
Please note that this does not have a customer booking engine, this must be done in the back-end by the site administrator. However as this is not what I wanted it suited me perfectly.
I would also like to commend the support I received, had a small problem and it was resolved very quickly.