- This extension requires registration to download.
** A web2.0 recipe management component
- RESPONSIVE design
- Category organized recipes
- Cross categories support
- Tag system
- Access Level support
- Automatic conversion of quantities for ingredients
- Frontend submission
- Comments and rating management
- Personal Cookbook and favourites
- Social bookmarks
- Fractions display of recipes' quantities
- Extensible units
- Google recaptcha for comments
Demo Server Frontend: http://joomla3.yoorock.fr
Demo Server Backend: http://joomla3.yoorock.fr/administrator
** Numerous menu types
- Landing Page
- By category
- Most recents
- Most viewed
- Best rated
- By author
- Your cookbook
** 3 built-in templates for display
- single column display
- two columns display
- thumbnails display
** An adapted, powerful search engine
- Search by title or keyword, over recipe's title and content
- Search by category
- Search by ingredient (inclusion or exclusion)
- Supports nested categories
** Easy to use and intuitive
- 100% tableless
- Easily integrate with any template or Joomla framework
- Supports content plugins (videos, galleries...)
- JCE, tinyEditor, CK Editors compatible
- Responsive design
** Packed with Useful features
- Automatic conversion of takings and ingredients
- Environmentally friendly print
- Send to a friend
- Share with your community
- Fine grained permissions and ACL support
** Technically optimised & SEO friendly
- Supports Google Rich Snippets (SEO)
- Supports URL rewriting and SEF (SEO)
- Optimisation of titles and metas (SEO)
- Numerous display options
And a quality Help and Support forum we try to make the most reactive and efficient possible.
** Supported Languages
- English, American English,
- Spanish, French, German, Dutch
- Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian
- Swedish, Danish, Polish, Russian
** The All-in-one pack comes with:
- cookbook component
- recipe display module
- recipe search module
- recipe gallery module
- favourite recipes module
- browse by recipe categories module
- community builder plugin
- recipe counter module
- jomsocial plugins
The developer seems very committed and good hearted, and major bugs and issues, in my experience, have always been dealt with quickly and professionally but support for issues that aren't major bugs can sometimes be sporadic and lack even an acknowledgement for long periods of time and sometimes never. A quick acknowledgement of an issue or a support post is something that can easily be improved on (minor quip but one easily rectified).
Hope that this extension gets the extra functionality it needs soon and hope to continue to be able to use yoorecipe long into the future.
Tested on Joomla 3.1, selection of ingredient is regressing and tag system from Joomla 3 is not integrated. You have separated keywords to be re-entered for each recipe instead of ticking existing tags from the base.
This is nevertheless good enough to expect better integration with Joomla 3 is future.
I use this extension for family share of recipes despite of the high pricing.
I recommend purchasing minimum package for that purpose.
A lot of work has obviously been put into this package and it shows. The response from support is very good and they listen to what you say.
The product is exremely easy to work with and I am looking forward to building my site with it. Highly recommend this software. Good value for money.
And the modules are constantly updated, nice with developers who strive forward.
Thanks for a great product!
There are a LOT of nice features such as the possibility to drag a slider to increase the amount of ingredients (!), add to favourites, comments, ratings, social sharing and much more.
As a bonus this component also has a plugin to interact with CB, which I also use on the site.
The support is great and you get your answers fast. The development team has made a great job, and that product is well worth the money. Thank you!!
We bought this extension alongwith related modules and though we had some issues in the beginning, the support was simply great. The guys, instead of making excuses, worked with me, answered all my questions, and helped resolve the issues that were critical to us.
In the end, after the minor tweaks, the recipe component is working exactly just the way we wanted.
We had nearly 300 recipes in plain html format and converting them to the YooRecipe format was/is a tedious process doing one recipe at a time but the result is very eye-pleasing and dynamic.
With frequent improvements and upgrades, this is by far the most useful and interesting component in its category.
So in nutshell, while it may not be up to your expectations straight out of the box, with some tweaking and patience, you can customize it to suit your needs. I for one am a very happy camper.
I requested a modification that I needed and the estimate given for this modification was very well priced. While its not perfect, the YooRecipe Component and the accompanying modules are good value and work well.
All in all for the money it is a pretty good product with support.
I look at it as a work in progress, but a good work.
Thank you for your review.
We would rather say YooRecipe is worldwide-oriented. Available units are: grams, liters, kilos, dL, cL, mL, teaspoon, tablespoon, cups, ounces, gallons and glasses.
If some units are missing from your point of view, we invite you to post a feature request on our support forum, so that they get added in the next release.
YooRock Support Team.
- There is no way to enter or display fractional units for recipe items using standard recipe notations like 1/4, 1/2 or 1/8. You must use .125, .333, .5 etc. I think this makes it very difficult for anyone who is not savvy with fractions.
- There is a slider where you can adjust the recipe to feed different numbers of people. It is an awesome feature! But, it does not allow you to change the terminology and icon for things cooked in different units like batches for cookies. Also because of the previously mentioned decimal issue, the resulting fractions create a recipe that is not really useful unless you are willing to do some work to figure it out what those fractions mean.
- While the component lets you categorize the recipes, there is only one way to display those categories. It is like a small navigation list for a sidebar. There is not a category display for the main content area that works like the core Joomla’s category blog. To me this seems like a huge oversight because if I am leading my users in, I would want to start with a nicely formatted page of category thumbnails and featured recipes within those categories to guide my user in.
Finally I think you should be aware that everyone who wrote reviews starting on 9/23 may have been writing them because it was the only way to get the category list module from the company for free. I think it is a short coming of the core module to not include any way to list categories since you spend so much time determining what they are to organize your recipes. If it was me, I would want to know that reviews may be falsely high because people wanted to insure they did not have to pay for functionality that really should have been included. (particularly if you purchased there yoorecipe – all in one package.)
Thank you for your review.
- Decimal & Fractions:
We agree displaying fractions would be a nice feature. It was already added to the todo list before you review the extension
Servings are given for a number of people, not for batches. We think it is more relevant to show quantities for people than for batches. Come on to our forum to debate!
- Landing page:
You are absolutely right. This feature is expected and we know it. Rome was not built in a day! However, you can already organize your main page using YooRecipe modules (Gallery, Search, Best rated, ...)
We are glad you mentioned it. Yes, for us, getting reviews is the best way to enhance YooRecipe. We motivated people writing reviews, not falsely high reviews, just reviews.
YooRock Support Team.