HOW DO THE FW REAL ESTATE COMPONENT AND PLUG-INS WORK?
The system allows visitors to search and browse through property listings – just like any of the most popular real estate websites on the net. It also allows real estate agents to register their properties on your website for potential buyers to browse.
AGENT AND PROPERTY SELLER FEATURES:
* Subscription facility – option to charge agents to add their properties
* Watermark feature
* Status labels
* Easy Language Manager for multilingual websites
* Currency converter for multiple currency use
* Automated/manual agent approval
* Allow agents to add in-depth property details, gallery images, PDF brochures, videos (FLV/SWT, Youtube, Vimeo) and more with an advanced WYSIWYG editor
* Assign properties by country, state, region, area, city and more
* Assign properties by category (rent or sell) and types (domestic, commercial, 2-4 unit etc)
* Google Captcha
USER AND BUYER FEATURES:
* Favorite list - Add as favourite feature
* Carry out in-depth searches on price, property type, bathroom numbers, floor areas and more
* Comments - option to leave comments on property (Komento integration)
* Apply numerous simple-to-use filters, such as availability filters, lease term filters, ‘order by’ filters and more
* Browse through properties with a user-friendly search system
* Save searches option with advanced notifications system
* Browse expert looking slider galleries of property photos
* Download an array of PDF documents, property images and videos
* Read short descriptions in listings and long, in-depth descriptions on main property pages
* Share via Twitter & Facebook and use the ‘Send to a friend’ option
* Page print option
* Easy to use property enquiry and contact forms
* View ‘latest’, ‘popular’ and ‘random property slideshows with an included module
* Google maps back-end and front-end integration
Customizable, unlimited currencies & sign positions with different price formats for every country
* Google Street view
* List (detailed) & Table (short) property listing layout options
* Very powerful levels of customization
* Front-end management – add, edit and remove properties without logging into Joomla admin
Related address fields based on AJAX
Optional bespoke MLS integration
Supports extra add-ons and other templates
FLASH support in property description
Built in SEO tools
Multilingual support (English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Greek, Arabic, Russian, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Hungarian, Dutch, Chinese translations are included)
JoomFish integration for Joomla 1.5.x & in-built multilingual support for Joomla 2.5.x
Option to install sample data or configure the component manually
The whole customer experience was very easy and hassle free. Once I provided my requirements Fastw3b implemented all requested custom changes, provided great advice, configured the website and above all kept me updated regarding the progress of the website.
A special mention to Irina who provided great customer service and was always happy to help me out.
As I browsed the market, FW Real Estate seemed the most obvious candidate based on both the options this component has, the many different modules and the wishes of my client.
After buying and (easy) installing this component I found out it was all it promised. No weird SQL statements at all. Just as a commercial component should be!
My client however had very specific demands, (integration of lots of custom work eg Streetview, and some other novelties on the Belgian Real-estate market). Together with Oleg from Fastw3b (developer of FW Realestate) we custom tailored the entire application.
Within 2 business days all my requested features were handled and processed. The Larger changes that weren’t present in the overall component, were custom made in a few days.
Oleg : A job well done! Nice going on the development and finishing touches. I never worked with a thirdparty developer who was this correct and straightforward in the answers and realization of the project.
In this review I want to add that this component can easily be used together with any CSS template building software. (If you want to use that of course). Together with the package I bought from Fastw3b.net I got some Style sheets to use.
If you are searching for a great component to manage the Real-estate you are offering to your clients, you really should try this one. You won’t regret it!
It is very competitively priced. As a joomla newbie I found the component very easy to use and edit. I would recomend the ultimate pack with the extra templates and multiple domain option. It is worth the extra money.
Any questions about the component were answered very fast by the support team, even questions not related to component. I have upgraded to fw search 1.50
and like the new features. Any recommendations for future improvements the team are very keen to hear what its customers have to say and what they want to see
in future updates. I recommend this extension.
Website designers with a moderate knowledge of php, css and html will find it fairly easy to theme the component and associated modules to match your custom joomla template design.
The Support is phenomenal. Whenever I ran into a problem, I simply created a support ticket from the joomla backend and their team was very responsive and effective in resolving issues. The level of support alone makes the cost of the component worth the money.
My implementation was quite complicated in that I added a level of MLS integration into the component. Fastw3b assisted in developing this plugin for an additional cost, but their help was well worth the extra money. The one drawback I found was that the current version of the component is a bit lacking when working with large sets of property data that result when importing an MLS IDX feed (My dataset was approximately 30K listings with photos). However, I'm am confident fastw3b will be working to fix these limitations in upcoming versions. Currently, if you are wanting to integrate large amounts of MLS property data, there may be better, more robust options out in the market than Joomla/FW Real Estate, but for the price (hundred$, not thousand$) this component more than meets my expectations.
For real estate agencies who only want to feature their own listings or want to integrate with MLS and are in relatively small markets, FW Real Estate Pro is an EXCELLENT choice.
While not free, the component is overall worth the cost, considering the included support and unlimited licenses.
The component is easy to install and manage. Feature-wise, it has lots of details you can show for a real estate, which is nice. :) Beyond the poor Italian translation (which I improved), the component may see a few welcome additional features, such as a global map, a city selection dropdown, and especially full titles in each page (category/estate). The only real remark is that the search plugin, t least in the Pro package, should be included and not an add-on cost.
I've been in contact with their support team and it's been a pleasant experience: always polite and open to new ideas. :-D
With my background of Joomla! 1.5, working on this 2.5-ready component has not been a problem at all.
FW Real Estate is a good component.
We had a few questions and they were answered very quickly.
Also, we had a couple of fields which we wanted changed - again, we had an answer very quickly and by the time I came back to the office, the changes were done!
Good product and good service.