With JEA, you can manage properties in backend or frontend interface. You can add multiple images and manage features for each property. There is powerful search capabilities based on component features.
JEA is designed to be flexible and extensible :
Layouts can be easily overridden in your template and JEA can be extended with plugins.
-Rentals and sales management
-Backend and frontend management
-Automatic picture resizing
-Easy gallery management for each property
-AJAX search filter
-Contact form for each properties
-Native translations : French, English and Spanish
-DPE plugin (Energy efficiency)
-Plugin entries to extend the JEA core
But, to be viable for me personally here is my wishlist:
* Better English Translation (this looks like a 'google translate' translation).
* More options in 'configuration'. Fields are too limited. Would like to be able to add custom fields or remove the ones I dont wish to use.
* Would love to be able to import areas/towns etc, from a spreadsheet or similar. Will take a long time to input one at a time.
I do hope this project is still being actively developed and I look forward to seeing future releases. I have not been able to find a commercial version of this, if it exists, I'd be interested in a demo if the above were met.
I can appreciate the work the author has put into this and sincerely thank him for releasing it to the community for free. I think it's a great starting point for what could be a very nice component for Joomla!. Indeed I look forward to tinkering with it.
In my view the best extensions are free to download and you pay for addons, like List Bingo.
"90% of the job is the last 10%"
This is a really good tool, however, one feature seems to be missing or I simply cannot find it.
I'm looking to assign a manual order to the property entries. At the moment it can be only done alphabetically.
Is there any way of choosing the 'hot' or 'urgent' properties on top of the property listing.
Thank you in advance for any comments or advice. R
When buying a commercial product you can complain, but when using a free product like this one should only offer critics with which the builder can provide us with an even better product :) hopefully ...
I tried several options from the demo-website before installing it and tweaked some things for myself (no renting, default sort setting, nice title per property) but there also some other things which should change imho:
- admin: when entering more images the page should leave the imagesection open instead of closing it everytime
- admin: add title to the property (and not the combination 'type' in 'town')
- admin: add town and department 'on the fly' from within the propertypage
- front: search: free input field
- front: ext. search: when a (published) property exists with 100m2 and you search min 100 and max 100 it will not find anything, but with 99 and 101 it will.
- when using artio sef, errors occur in url-names (it happend several times, but im not sure if i do something wrong)
- build an auto-install option for the joomfish files (but its great you provide them at all!)
Again: i like this product and use it and the effort you put in it is very much appriciated!
in Joomla website you say that one of the feature is "Unlimited pictures in properties detail"
But I see only 2 images can be added to each property. How can I add more then 2 images to the property?
Response here :
Im very fond of the easy adding of properties!
The emphasis mod is great too, just one question... I only have emphasis on the frontpage, but also a search box, when i use the searchbox the emphasis stays on screen while watching the property listing..
Any way to solve this?
I also really like the photoviewer!
Thanx for all the effort you put in this!
I've started with my Joomla! site 6 months ago, and at the second day I had this extension 100% working on it. It's easy to understand (I'm a newbie and i have modified severall php files that come with) and very (or 100%) customizable.
It has a good forum community support and even Sylvain helps the users when it has some time... and I remember: all of this for FREE!!
I'm really happy with this extension and the most important thing is that it allows me to work at a professional level.
My Joomla! Site is a Real Estate site where everybody who has registered can publish their own flats automatically, and everything is supported by JEA.
Thanks for all your efforts!
The only thing I am missing is a bit of help on how to configure it. For exemple where can I populate the drop down list? How can I configure the layout of resuls? what if I don´t want the seach parameters to appear on the first page of results?
To populate drop down list, just go (in the backend) in JEA Properties features and change tables.
To customize the views, the best way is to override default JEA templates
More infos :