10 February 2016
Joomla Tip: Debug System for Super Users Only
Debug system is a useful feature for Joomla developers to check session information, database queries, log messages and more.
When it's enabled, all the system information is available to anybody who visit the website, however thanks to the plugin's flexibility is possible to restrict this feature to super users.
In this tutorial I'll share with you how to enable debug system only for the people in charge; very useful to debug production sites.
Step #1. Edit access for Debug plugin
- Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Search for “debug” plugins.
- Edit “System - Debug” from the results.
- Change Access to “Super Users”.
- Save and close
Step #2. Enable debug
- Go to System > Global configuration > System
- Set "Debug" as yes
- Save and close.
Step #3. End result
- Login to your site.
- Scroll down to see the debug data.
From now, only Super users can see the debug information.