07 January 2019
Election of a new JED Team Leader - December 2018
On Thursday 27 December 2018, the Extension Directory Team (JED) had an election for the team leader. Anibal Sanchez has been elected as new Team Leader, taking over from Jaz Parkyn who is moving to her new role as Assistant Team Leader.
The objectives of the new period will be a continuation of the previous efforts:
- Focus on putting into action a consistent process of collaboration,
- Understanding the difficulties of finding the time to collaborate,
- Being precise and organized to inspire other volunteers and the general community of extension developers.
- Communicating a positive message, and
- Supporting the ecosystem growth in the right direction.
In the previous term, the team had many successes, as a brief list of our achievements:
- Design improvements have been published, based on JED Dev Team collaboration (Kudos Peter and Ciaran).
- We kept as a quality management indicator (KPI) the “7-days processing window” of all new extensions and tickets.
- The JEDCA development agreement has been removed as a requirement for JED4 collaboration.
- SEO Improvements have been applied to the site (Kudos Chris).
- The new server for the Review Checking Process is fully operational.
- Migration to Github and New JED 4 Dev Collaboration, the new JED4 CD/ CI workflow is fully operational.
- The first stage of JED Full-Text/ Instant Search has been implemented.
We are very grateful to all those who have contributed, applause to everyone in the team for their hard work this year.
Thank you, Jaz, for all you have done as Leader and your renewed commitment as Assistant Leader, and welcome to Anibal as the new JED Leader.