03 December 2015
Joomla Reloaded for 10 More Years
In 2010 I found Joomla by accident in an interview. It was a nice surprise to discover a software that allows me to build websites in 30 minutes. Well, that’s what the guy told me during the talk.
5 years after working with 1.5, 2.5 and now 3.x series I'm convinced about the popularity and the positive impact of the best CMS ever.
What makes Joomla great? Continue reading to know what I'm talking about.
How popular is Joomla?
Statistics don’t lie. So, let’s see the numbers:
- 2.8 million websites are supported by Joomla
- It’s the second most popular CMS
- It has been downloaded more than 50 million times (1)
Joomla is popular [period].
Don't compare Joomla with WordPress
It’s very common that WordPress and Joomla users compare those CMS, myself did in the past.
Both are great pieces of software. We shouldn't mix them due they are focused to different audiences:
- WordPress provides the best UX. Ideal for users who need a website without the headaches of worrying about technical stuff.
- Joomla is flexible and powerful from the core. Ideal for users who build sites that can easily grow.
Joomla doesn't compete with WordPress. It has its own market.
The Joomla community is build by kind and talented people from around the world with different cultures, languages and opinions.
Discussions inside the community generate ideas, ideas lead to improvements, improvements make our CMS better. Joomla is a democracy; every voice is important.
Joomlers, keep talking. Keep ideas coming.