07 March 2017
Survey Results: JED New Design 2017
We have been working on a new JED 2017 redesign. On 20 February 2017, we published the SURVEY: JED New Design 2017 to gather community feedback. Following the process, we have completed the step and we have the results.
In the survey, we addressed the whole Joomla community, including JED developers in our newsletter, forum users and general users contacted in social media channels. According to the results (191 answers), we have reached our target of Joomla users, and we have an above-average approval (>60%). As a consequence, we will proceed with the incremental proposed improvement (http://design.extensions.joomla.org/).
Overall, the general design received a lower mark than the average. We conclude that more efforts are required to implement a whole new design update. Following this feedback, additional incremental upgrades will be taken to continue the process.
These are the detailed results:
- General Approval Rate: 64% (3.20 / 5)
- How would you rate its overall look & feel? 64% (3.21 / 5)
- How would you rate its performance? 64% (3.21 / 5)
- How would you rate its design? 59% (2.96 / 5)
- Compared to the old design, how would you rate the category display? 68% (3.41 / 5)
- BONUS: How likely are you to recommend Joomla! extensions to a friend or colleague? 79% (7.95 / 10)
Thank you for your feedback and support.