Web Push for Joocial
Web Push plugins for Joocial - Integration with OneSignal and Pushwoosh
Web Push plugins for Joocial are two useful extensions to install and enable Web Push notifications on a Joomla! site.
What is a service worker
A service worker is a script that your browser runs in the background, separate from a web page, opening the door to features that don't need a web page or user interaction. Today, they already include features like push notifications and background sync.A service worker is a script that your browser runs in the background, separate from a web page, opening the door to features that don't need a web page or user interaction. Today, they already include features like push notifications and background sync... Read More: Service Workers: an Introduction
Web and Push notifications
Web Browsers now support push notifications, as a way to remind or re-engage your users even after they leave your page.
The integration of this communication channel requires the installation of a Service Worker on the site. The following plugins allow to easily enable the service:
- Manifest Definition plugin: ajax plugin to enable the manifest of a Push Notification Service.
- Joocial Web Push plugin: system plugin to initialize and configure the selected Push Notification Service.
Supported Notification Services
- Web Push notifications for Joomla!
- OneSignal - Web Push SDK Setup (HTTPS)Web Push SDK Setup (HTTPS)
- Pushwoosh - Web Push SDK 3.0Web Push SDK 3.0
Available Parameters - Ajax - Web Push for Joocial - Manifest Definition
- Short Name
- Push Notification Service
Available Parameters - System - Web Push for Joocial
Available Notify Button Texts:
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHTIPSTATEUNSUBSCRIBED=Subscribe to notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHTIPSTATESUBSCRIBED=You're subscribed to notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHTIPSTATEBLOCKED=You've blocked notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHMESSAGE_PRENOTIFY=Click to subscribe to notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHMESSAGEACTIONSUBSCRIBED=Thanks for subscribing!
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHMESSAGEACTIONRESUBSCRIBED=You're subscribed to notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHMESSAGEACTIONUNSUBSCRIBED=You won't receive notifications again
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHDIALOGMAINTITLE=Manage Site Notifications
- PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHDIALOGBLOCKEDTITLE=Unblock Notifications
PLGJOOCIALWEBPUSHDIALOGBLOCKEDMESSAGE=Follow these instructions to allow notifications:
- Push Notification Service OneSignal
- Onesignal Configuration
- Pushwoosh Configuration
Web Push for Joocial
- Extly Extensions - JoomGap
- Last updated:
- Sep 11 2017
- Date added:
- Sep 05 2017
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
Ease of useNot rated