Bad Bot and IP Blocker
A firewall plugin to allow only good robots/crawlers/spiders and browsers. Self builds a blacklist of rejected IP's, no need to download or upgrade someone's blacklist.
Proven results, one customer was getting over 3,000 hits daily, mostly from bad bots and crawlers, after 3 months they are now getting about 700 daily. Reduced the excess bandwidth and kept them from having to upgrade to a dedicated server. No modifications to .htaccess or robots.txt, nothing more to maintain to block undesirables.
It's a simple concept only good bots, browsers and IP's are allowed all others are rejected. A rejection list is maintained and updated when an un-allowed visitor is found. This plugin builds the blacklist as it finds rejected users. Plus you can maintain a whitelist for known users to bypass other checks and you can also maintain a blacklist for users that pass the other checks but you prefer to block them from your site anyway.
NEW Version 3 - is a major upgrade, if you are updating an older version you will need to un-install previous versions (plugin and package) first. If you purchased the pacakge within the last 6 months (April 2017 to Oct 2017) contact me for the updated package. Version 3 has an improved automated mechanism to allow rejected users to contact webmasters with their information.
NEW version 2 - now maintains counts of accepted and rejected visits. Module is now included with this plugin to display counts in the front end. Counts maintained are for today, yesterday, this week, last week, this month, last month, last year and this year to date. You'll be amazed at how many bad bots, crawlers, spiders and individuals are roaming the internet. just look at some of the counts shown here just after a year.
- Features + + + + +
No IP/Country database to maintain or download/update.
- No Blacklist to maintain or upgrade periodically (builds your own Blacklist).
- No modifications to the .htaccess file.
- No modifications to the robots.txt file, many bots ignore it anyway.
- Block IP's by their country code.
- Block unknown browsers and unknown crawlers/bots/spiders.
- Allow specific IP's by Whitelist (admin maintained).
- Block specific IP's by Blacklist (admin maintained).
- Bad or unknown bots and browsers or bad IP's are logged and redirected to google.com or the site of your choosing.
- Can block IP's and bots for the front end or back end or both.
- test feature added to insure correct operation.
- Instructions displayed on the plugin splash page.
- maintains counts of accepted and rejected visits.
- module included to display counts in front end. (these counts are access counts not visitor counts).