Marketers in a content-driven landscape are responsible for producing huge amounts of content, day in and day out. But most of us don’t have the time, staff, or budget to publish enough great (or even good) content. We do the best we can, but it’s often impossible to stay ahead of the demand.
Time to enable your community to easily generate curated content for your website!
Content curation is when an individual (or team) consistently finds, organizes, annotates, and shares relevant and high quality digital content on a specific topic for their target market.
Adding content curation to your content marketing mix delivers the following benefits:
- Improves Search Engine Optimization: Curated content becomes additional indexable pages that provide more doorways into your site via search engines.
- Establishes Credibility as a Thought Leader: Curated content from high quality third party sources helps you develop go-to web resources that improve your credibility and trustworthiness as an impartial authority on your topic.
- Supports Lead Generation: Curated content drives incremental site visits that increases the potential for landing quality leads.
- Streamlines Lead Nurturing: Curated content is easily repurposed via newsletters, emails, and other channels to make lead nurturing simple and consistent.
- Complements Social Media & Blogging: Curated content supplements your social media publishing schedule and helps facilitate social media conversations—not only with prospects and customers, but also with peers.
- component with full back-end management
- front-end management of News items for your editors / publishers
- highly configurable News module (featured, latest, most read, random, etc.)
- Acymailing ochGotNews plugin to enrich your newsletter with community curated content (separate download)
New in version 0.2.2
New in version 0.2.1
- Component: - New: Added option to allow / disallow sharing of non-HTML pages (e.g. downloadlink to .PDF file) - Improved: refactored reading tags / information from shared URLs
New in version 0.2.0
- Component: - Improved: refactored mail function
New in version 0.1.9
- Component: - Improvement: improved content plugin triggering - Improvement: improved (meta) description handling for (opengraph) plugins
New in version 0.1.8
- Component: - New: Added sortable CTR (Click Through Rate) column in news items list (back-end)
New in version 0.1.7
- Component: - New: Added Clicks counter for clicks on [Visit source] button
New in version 0.1.6
- Component: - New: Component settings for Newsoverview is now set as Global settings and can be overwritten in view's menu entries - Improvement: Fix backend ordering when entering News Items view
New in version 0.1.5
- Component: - New: Syndication (RSS / Atom) Feed on newsoverview page - New: Pagination type selection for newsoverview - Improvement: Full stack implementation of content plugin support on newsitem and newsoverview pages - Improvement: Replaced deprecated Joomla methods (preparing for Joomla 4.0) - Improvement:Improved data fetcher to better handle non-compliant meta tags - Improvement: Improved data fetcher to handle title with (single) quote - Improvement: Data fetcher script now checks for Joomla Session ID to prevent direct access - Module: - Improvement: Code style
New in version 0.1.4
- Component: - New: whitelist domains that block fetching information (like linkedin sometimes does) - Improvement: disguise as Facebook bot on [validate source url and fetch information] to improve on fetch rate (some sites block fetch requests) - Improvement: back-end Newsitems list inline with Joomla 3.7 layout (icons, search bar)
New in version 0.1.3
- Component: - New: enabled caching - Improvement: date format conform Joomla! coding guidelines - Improvement: new no-image.jpg image - Module: - Improvement: date format conform Joomla! coding guidelines
New in version 0.1.2
- Component: - Improvement: Add css fix for full-width textarea and input boxes - Improvement: Changed default height of share and description input fields to 5 rows - Improvement: Add top and bottom tag positions on News item view - Improvement: Overview / view: toggle display insecure images > show / replace image / no show to avoid breaking SSL padlock on site - Improvement: Reading information from websites (non-compliant opengraph tags) - Improvement: Add rel="noopener noreferrer" to links to Source website. - Module: - Improvement: Toggle display insecure images > show / replace image / no show to avoid breaking SSL padlock on site - New: Exclude current News item setting
New in version 0.1.1
New in version 0.1.0
- Hello World!
- Ruud van Lent
- Last updated:
Apr 04 2021
2 months ago
- Date added:
- Feb 12 2017
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m
Write a review