Introduction

Communication, Forum, Help Desk, Communities, Live Support

A Joomla forums extension for all your needs, simple with lots of features:

• Nested forums support.
  • Lock/Stick topics or tag forum topics, tags can have priorities.
  • Advanced search by relevance.
  • Posts reporting and topics manual activation by admins.
  • Posts attachments.
  • Favorites list.
  • Featured topics list.
  • Users voting and a reputation system.
  • Private messages.
  • Auto replies.
  • Global and distinct forums permissions.
  • Rich text editor.
  • Extended new topic form fields.
  • Users profiles and ranking system.
  • Topics subscriptions.
  • Notification emails.
  • Emojis!
  • Themes/Styles support (only 1 is provided).
  • Strong moderation tools (mods can drop spammers and/or their topics/posts with 1 click).
  • Reply to posts directly by email (IMAP required)
  • Simple data migration tool for phpBB bridged forums & Kunena to ChronoForums.
  • Multi language support, currently we have the following ones: Danish, German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portugese and Swedish, thanks for our users!
  • And more.....

Great alternative

Posted on 06 May 2020
Functionality
All the features that you may need to manage a forum and even more
Ease of use
Very easy since the beginning, i was afraid that as a forum extension it was complex but that's not the case
Support
Documentation
I used this to: My Joomla website to add the ability of a forum for customers of my website
Functionality
Limited to 2 forums - which are enough to review to confirm whether it does what you want, but costs $19.99 to unlock full functionality.
Ease of use
Didn't bother - switched to Kunena
Functionality
Now in the v2 a lot have been much more easy. It works great almost right out of the box. with very little configuration.
Ease of use
There arn't so much to configure although the permission's needs a little bit of work to set up, Everything else is very easy to set up
Support
The support questions in the forum could take a little time before beeing answered but thats understandable since it's a free extension.
Documentation
It's more or less self explained so I had no need of it. Some questions are explained in forum and there are some documentation (for v1)
I used this to: Community forum on several sites that I have. There is no need for any other extension unless that you want a lot of difficulty settings and configuration.

Brilliant

Posted on 06 February 2017
Functionality
All you want in a solid forum application.
Ease of use
Simple setup. Not difficult to set up at all.
Support
From the very little I've needed, very fast and not techno speak.
Documentation
Not really needed. Good forum, and adequate dox.
I used this to: An e-commerce site selling after-market keyless entry and ignition systems. Love it. Had used "the other" big name in forums for Joomla many times in the past, but the latest version of it didn't like the older template of the site I was installing it to. Looked terrible.
Functionality
JS Validation language's Chinese only shows simplified Chinese, Please add traditional Chinese.
Ease of use
This field is required's simplified Chinese is "请输入此项", NOT "请输入此此项".
Functionality
Lacks a lot of features you commonly find in other forums, very bare bones. What it does have, if its not bugged, works well.
Ease of use
Relatively easy setup, though settings are not very intuitive.
Support
Sometimes you get answers in their forum regarding issues and bugs, but usually not. Software is not very well maintained, bugs never fixed.
Documentation
Forget about it lol.
I used this to: Support forum for product development
Functionality
If you operate an English-language forum, basic range of features and have the patience and willingness to persevere, this is a god choice.
Ease of use
Fairly easy to use. As others have also commented, a little tricky to setup.
Support
Hard to say: support forum at the developer's website is not very active. On the other hand, the lack of questions may be a good thing (?)
Documentation
Official documentation is virtually non-existent. A user-written guide available at the website is a must-read for first-time users.
I used this to: Overall, a reliable forum that actually works! A viable alternative to Kunena (the product includes an automated migration feature). As a forum product to allow my users to discuss issues and share information—to grow my website content.
Functionality
Works very well!
Ease of use
Little tricky to get the forum up. Some issues about user rights.
I only wish there would be support for Tapatalk!
Support
Documentation
So, far I am using chronoforum in one website and I am pleased with its usage.

Easy to manage categories, forums and posts.

I would like to see more support though in the multi languages part.

Keep up the good work!
The support from the developers of this non-commercial software is fantastic! I tried to install Chronoforums on a basic installation of Joomla 3.2 using the J32 sample data.

After some problems I succeeded in getting the extension up and running.

It does everything a forum should do - and more! The layout is great and the software is FREE! I reckon it will be a world beater in a year or two!

But there are still some issues, which I have described in a sort of 'User Guide' - which you can find on the ChronoEngine forum. It's called 'User_Guide_to_Chronoforums.pdf'. I am not allowed to publish a link here, but you can probably find it with a bit of searching.
ChronoForms
Free

ChronoForms

By Chrono Man
Forms
ChronoForms is used on millions of Joomla websites, supporting Joomla since 2006, ChronoForms is an easy to use and feature rich free Joomla forms builder for Joomla 3, 4 & 5, it supports PHP 7,8,8.1,8.2,8.3 ChronoForms is the best Joomla forms builder in the market: It's super flexible, you can build almost anything using the Views/Actions/Behaviors system included. Very Simple and easy to use...
Chrono Connectivity
Free

Chrono Connectivity

By Chrono Man
Content Construction
Display and manage data from any MySQL database, build Joomla reports and data tables easily and with huge list of features using ChronoConnecivity. ChronoConnectivity is a raw CCK (Content constructions kit) for Joomla, it helps you list and manage (delete/update) the data in any of your database tables, with full permissions support, and full integration with Chronoforms. Some of latest releas...
ChronoMyAdmin
Free

ChronoMyAdmin

By Chrono Man
Database Management
ChronoMyAdmin is a phpmyadmin alternative for Joomla, you can use it to manage your database from the Joomla admin area. Features: - List, Create, Drop, Truncate, Rename, Optimize your database tables. - Browse, Search, Edit, Delete or Create tables rows. - List, Create, Edit, Delete tables columns. - List, Create, Delete tables indexes/keys....
ChronoAnalytics
Free

ChronoAnalytics

By Chrono Man
Analytics
Understand how your Joomla website visitors are using your website in order to be able to solve any problems or create usability improvements. Only human users sessions are recorded and grouped as "Visits", where you can check the accessed pages along with other info like referring urls, IP, agent..etc...

ChronoForums

Version:
Developer:
Chrono Man
Last updated:
Jul 28 2023
7 months ago
Date added:
Nov 19 2014
License:
GPLv2 or later
Type: