JV-ShrinkTheWeb is a Joomla! extension suite that enables you to display thumbnail previews of internal and external urls anywhere in Joomla.
JV-ShrinkTheWeb achieves this by interacting with ShrinkTheWeb, the most powerful truly free website thumbnail provider. ShrinkTheWeb.com acts as a server providing thumbnail previews. JV-ShrinkTheWeb contacts the server, fetches the thumbnails and displays them in Joomla content. All that you need to do is insert or add "stwpreview" tags for urls in Joomla content (modules/components/plugins/templates!) and JV-ShrinkTheWeb will dynamically replace them with thumbnail previews during page loads.
JV-ShrinkTheWeb has been reviewed, tested and certified by www.shrinktheweb.com
Example: To show thumbnail preview of www.jv-extensions.com in your Joomla article/module, just open up the Article manager/Custom HTML module and add the stwpreview tag at the place that you want.
Alternatively, you may click on the "URL Preview" button in the editor and just provide your url and other optional values and the stwpreview tag will be generated and inserted into the article at the place you want!
That's it!. Its that simple
Why do you need thumbnail previews?
Pictures speak a thousand words. Do so with thumbnail previews for urls on your website. Provide pictorial previews of website urls that can give a more professional ease of use to your site visitors.
Recall previously visited websites, improve search accuracy, filter offensive websites, discover ambiguous and parked websites.
Use it along with your affiliate program to increase revenue. Add to your member profiles, forum signatures, web directories, Joomla weblinks, related links etc...
Significant Features of JV-ShrinkTheWeb
- Caching of Thumbnail Preview Images
- Multiple Thumbnail Previews Per Page
- Styling the Thumbnail Images
- Supports all types of STW accounts
- Supports all PRO features of STW
- Manage Thumbnail Previews in back-end
- Show thumbnail previews anywhere (in component/module/etc...)
New Features Introduced in Version 3.0
- Choose between Simple and Advanced API method to fetch previews
- Fetch the image, or the image with css/classes or just the image url only!
- Ability to add local thumbnails to JV-ShrinkTheWeb from backend.
- Last updated:
- Apr 23 2016
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use
Value for money