Akeeba Backup Core is the most widely used open-source backup component for the Joomla! CMS. Its mission is simple: create a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server, making it ideal not only for backups but also for site transfers or even deploying sites to your clients' servers. Akeeba Backup creates a full backup of your site in a single archive. The archive contains all the files, a database snapshot and an installer similar in function to the standard Joomla! installer. The backup and restore process is AJAX powered to avoid server timeouts, even with huge sites. Alternatively, you can make a backup of only your database, or only your files. Akeeba Backup is the reliable, easy to use, open source backup solution for your Joomla! site.
Akeeba Backup has won six J.O.S.C.A.R. awards at J and Beyond. Download it for free to find out why!
Joomla! 3.4 and later, PHP 5.4 and later (including PHP 7). We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5 to 3.3 and older PHP versions on our site.
- The Configuration Wizard configures itself for optimal operation with your site, automatically.
- The fastest and most reliable native PHP backup engine.
- One click backup.
- Integrated restoration for same server restoration.
- Site transfer wizard. Transfer your site between servers fast and easily.
- Restore with Akeeba Kickstart (free of charge script): restore extracting the backup directly on the server; no need to upload thousands of files by FTP!
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format.
- Exclude specific files, folders.
- Exclude specific database tables or their contents.
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (e.g. XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, etc).
and much, much more!
Note: The Akeeba Backup Core component is free of charge, its support is not. We can't tell you what you need to get support because of JED censorship, but you can find out about it on our site. In any case, Akeeba Backup's documentation, video tutorials, troubleshooting wizard and reading the public tickets is free of charge.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION AND WATCH OUR VIDEO TUTORIALS! ***