I found JoomShopping about 2 months ago. Since then, I have used it in several small shopping sites, and have come across many small issues.
First of all, the core (free) component is fairly well put-together. For the most part, it works. There are some things that will be awkward, especially for US residents, like the taxes. Here are a few:
1. There is no way to link directly from the menu to a specific category - it requires a workaround of "External URL."
2. Same with linking to a particular product.
THOSE are Biggies, if you want to link to more than "Shop" or "All Products."
3. The taxes are set up primarily for VAT, which is great for Europeans. Not so much for the US. As far as I can tell,t here is no way to create state-specific (or city-specific) tax rules. AND it can be a bit confusing to try to figure out how it calculates the taxes.
4. The templates are all done in tables. Not ideal, but it's a quibble, I admit.
Here's the biggie, though...
So far, after purchasing several of his paid options (zoom template + import options), not a single one works.
In addition, I've sent multiple emails through the site without a single response, and yet, when I disputed the purchase with PayPal, he responded to them within 2 hours.
PayPal ruled in his favor (they have a policy about downloaded goods), but was kind enough to give me my money back as well, because I am an excellent client, and they believed my claim.
This is NOT something most people can look forward to.
- Feel safe using what is offered for JoomShopping for free.
- Beware ANY of the commercial options, unless you have money to throw away.
- Keep the notes about restrictions above in mind.