I was using the JoomStats in the Joomla! 1.0 age, after this i switch to external tool. Now i tried to install j4age.
Installation is simple, only the splitting post-installation to two step can be confising for unexperience users. The activation module/plugin hare duplicated in function, but using the module with restricted privileges can provide bad counting.
Backend reports are excelent. Frontend graphical reports are missing, but if i properly remember, this is the same as in JoomStats and perhaps i am only dainty by my external tool.
"Included" modules have inconsistent layouts. The Country one uses the flags (not included in component), but the Browsers and OS das not. Something as div.class is not included, but can be solved by moduleclass suffix.
The backend provides the tool to debug the unknown user-agents, but i cannot find any tool to add/edit them. But identification of the robots seems to be excelent!
Result: excelent component with good modules for users, which do not want detailed reports in frontend, but want full reports in backend. It can be used by unexperienced users too...