I was hoping this extension deserved some attention, but,...I was very unsuccessful.
- when installing I got errors, then second installation went through
- after installing everywhere I moved I was getting Error 500, table does no exist. When I tried to looked at the site's forum to search for some hints, I got bunch of errors on a search page
- looked up in a DOCs but the documentation is completely disorganized, and there is no even a page explaining the whole concept of this component, and how it works, so most of it is a guessing...
English language used has lots of styling errors and sometimes it is hard to understand what the author is talking about
- I watched a video tutorial which uses a yellow cursor covering underlying screen which makes it harder to see where the mouse is pointing. This tutorial although pretty informative is very chaotic and doesn't start from the ground up how to use the component. Instead it shows unnecessary topics on how to download the extension from the developer site (waste of time).
Terminology used in this component is also somewhat strange as most people, while working with databases use the concept of: DATABASE, COLUMN (or field), COLUMN TYPE, KEY/INDEX etc. some of the terms in Cobalt have to be guessed a lot.
- developer website is causing problems as well. Forum is hard to operate and I was not even able to post a message. Their system supposed to send a confirmation email, which I have never received...
The bottom line is: I wasted several hours trying this extension, but it was not worth it. Perhaps developer will take all this into consideration and do some improvements
I decided to remove it as it was useless and full of bugs