Every extension listed in the JED receives a score based on the reviews it has received. Scores are determined using a number of factors. This article provides a general overview of those factors.
- If an extension has no reviews, it has a score of 0.
- If an extension has less than 5 reviews, the score is penalized.
- If an extension has more than 5 reviews, a few more points are added to the score.
- A percentage of reviews are taken off of the top and the bottom to account of anomalies.
- When a review is submitted, it isn't factored into the score for 7 days.
- After the 7 day period, recent reviews impact a score, but depreciate in value over a two year period.