- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits (SQL injection, XSS, DFI, RFI, malicious user agent, CSRF/spam-bot protection, uploads scanner)
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block (deny access to specific countries/continents)
- Modification of Generator meta tag and other sensitive HTTP headers
- Email on administrator login
- Block front-end Super Administrator log-in
- Block Super Administrator user modification
- Block extensions installation
- Block visual fingerprinting (tmpl, template and tp URL parameters)
- Integration of the Bad Behavior anti-spam library
- Project Honeypot IP blacklist integration
- Automatic IP blocking of repeat offenders
- Email notifications of all detected security issues
- URL redirections (exclusive support for query parameters!)
- Scheduled site maintenance operations
The software is GPL; buying a single subscription you can install it on as many sites as you want and keep it running even after your subscription expires, without encrypted code, domain limitations or other such nuisances.
Admin Tools (by Akeeba) made implementing security measures from basic through to advanced extremely easy.
The accompanying documentation made it relatively easy to configure even the most confusing parameters.
Every Joomla site owner should be using this extension. It is worth 100 times more than what they charge for it.
I have reviewed quite a few Joomla components over the years but AdminTools Professional is the most important extension and the absolute first extension you must install.
What’s the use of installing a zillion great components and goodies – only to later find that all your hours and weeks and months of hard work has been destroyed because your site was hacked. By installing Admin Tools Professional first you can be ensured that your site is as safe as can be. Yes, you still need to be viligent and must educate yourself about Joomla security. An essential first start would be to read the documentation that comes with AdminTools, as well as Nickolas various articles and blogs. AdminTools is a solid foundation to ensure your site’s security.
Although I had great experiences with developer Nicholas’ excellent Joomla Akeeba Backup, I was nervous about installing a security component. I was worried it would be so complicated that I would only make things worse. But as it turned out installing Admin Tools was easy and activating its many security features, including the Web Application Firewall was a no-brainer. Taking advantage of its advanced features in the Pro version was easy too – especially the important .htaccess Maker, which further bulletproofs your site from spammers and hackers.
Equally important is the support Nickolas provides on the ticket forum. Nicholas provides expert and patient help – and listens to suggestions and has frequent updates which make AdminTools even better.
I am very happy I discovered AdminTools Professional. Do yourself a favor. Get it!!