- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits (SQL injection, XSS, DFI, RFI, malicious user agent, CSRF/spam-bot protection, uploads scanner)
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block (deny access to specific countries/continents)
- Modification of Generator meta tag and other sensitive HTTP headers
- Email on administrator login
- Block front-end Super Administrator log-in
- Block Super Administrator user modification
- Block extensions installation
- Block visual fingerprinting (tmpl, template and tp URL parameters)
- Integration of the Bad Behavior anti-spam library
- Project Honeypot IP blacklist integration
- Automatic IP blocking of repeat offenders
- Email notifications of all detected security issues
- URL redirections (exclusive support for query parameters!)
- Scheduled site maintenance operations
The software is GPL; buying a single subscription you can install it on as many sites as you want and keep it running even after your subscription expires, without encrypted code, domain limitations or other such nuisances.
When I started developing sites back in 1996 my biggest concern was the user interface. Now, my biggest concerns are security related.
With so much work going into our sites it is disheartening, highly stressful and a huge waste of time when they are hacked or attacked. I can lose days of work getting things back in order.
Since using Akeeba Backup and Admin Tools Pro my life is SO much better.
Thank you to the develpment team for your hard work and very reasonable pricing. You are saints.
Admin Tools never interferes in any way when you are updating your site. Don't forget that Joomla! Update, the component tasked with updating your site included in Joomla! 2.5 onwards, is actually the Joomla! updater Admin Tools used to have, something which we contributed to the Joomla! project. If you have troubles using Joomla! Update make sure that you have not manually removed the .htaccess Maker exception for the administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/restore.php file we have put there by default. If you did, what you're experiencing is a self-inflicted problem.
As for moving your site to a different host, yes, there will be problems under two circumstances:
1. You are using the .htaccess Maker to generate a .htaccess file. Due to the way Apache (your webserver) works we have to use the hostname of your site. This is documented as the first thing to check in https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/troubleshooter/prbasicts.html
2. If you are using the administrator password protection. Again, due to the different ways Apache works across different platforms / servers the generated .htpasswd file may not be readable in the new server. This is documented in https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/admin-tools/admin-pw-protection.html
Both of these issues come from the way your web server (Apache) works. A solution is not up to us. All we can do is document the potential pitfall, which we have already done.
We'd appreciate it if you did ask for our support before filing a review. We could have explained as much and told you exactly what you need to do (or point you to the documentation pages with more thorough instructions).
On the other hand, the google bots will be blocked. I asked for this issue and you know what? they told me that I had to put the bots IP's in the whilelist, no way!. By the way, there are a rude people over there.
Finally it has a lot of false positives, you don't know if your site has been accessed for a non dangerous spyder or an offender.
I purchased this tool in order to save some bucks, but I was fine with OSE Security Suite, too bad. Now I will purchase it and I will install it in all my sites again.
I hope this be useful for others.
I told you that you need to read the documentation where it says that you have to enable the "Allow site templates" option to not block Google Bot. It also does explain why. You came to the arbitrary conclusion that our software is killing your sites' Google rankings even though you are not using the default site templates. Our documentation tells you that this is immaterial because the Mail To core Joomla! feature (com_mailto) will always use the core templates. Hence the option we tell you to enable in our documentation.
You also complained that it's difficult to set up. It is, if you don't read the documentation. We are very upfront about it. There is a Quick Start chapter which guides you through the basic setup. If there was one site fits all security solution it would have already been included in Joomla!.
I do apologise for my tone in your ticket of January 6th. I was replying in the same tone as yours. I recognise it was a mistake.
Admin Tools (by Akeeba) made implementing security measures from basic through to advanced extremely easy.
The accompanying documentation made it relatively easy to configure even the most confusing parameters.
Every Joomla site owner should be using this extension. It is worth 100 times more than what they charge for it.