Component and modules
** BS MyJspace component
This is the component to create personal pages.
* Registered user can create a (or several) personal page(s) with a WYSIWYG page editor. Name and rename page
* Upload images, medias from editor (optionals administrator choices with quotas parameters) to avoid external storage website to use
* Upload files from user admin page to avoid external storage website to use
* Automatic resizing (optional) for images (jpg, png, gif)
* Choose who can see the page: public, registers users or none
* Search for pages name, content... Result displayed as list or nice tab from the component and multilingual.
* A lot of user information tags: create date, update date, last access date, hits, files list ...
* Allow Joomla plugins usage. Users can use pictures or media plugin to create a gallery with user page files uploaded
* Numerous features for administrator with friendly interface to manage a lot of pages
* Ability to use Pagebreak and index; with the plg_pagebreakmyjspace
* Ability to add external image link or url using bbcode format
* Ability to use publishing dates (start and finish)
* Ability or not to use url redirection
* Ability to personalize top page and bottom page (for admin) or in the page (for users) with reserved words
* Ability to use the included lightbox effect in the page, without any other add
* Languages: fr-FR, en-GB, ru-RU
* Several others options and features
** BS viewmyjspace module
It works with component BS MyJspace to provide a list of personal pages or the total number.
* Display the number of pages
* Display the list of pages (two kinds). Short order: creation date, access date, name, random by name, hits, none
* Display different icons for: last pages since x days, user online
* Ability to choose the number of pages to display
* Style option for css menu
** BS myjspace search plugin
This plugin add the ability to search in the personal pages using the Website search box.
** BS plg_pagebreakmyjspace
This plugin add the ability to split a long personal page into multiple linked pages.
** BS plg_tabmyjspace
This plugin add a button to help the user to add theprovided tags into the editor.
** Extra plugins to add the Personal Pages URL in the profiles
* plg_user_profilemyjspace plugin for Joomla users profile
* plg_jsmyjspace plugin for JomSocial users profile
* cb_myjspace_tab plugin for CB tab in users profile
* cb_myjspace_field plugin for CB to add field
** Others modules and plugins
It works well and, very important, Bernard grants a first class assistance.
I had some problems with permission settings and he not only helped me, but also added a functionality I needed.
The component has a lot of options and need a little attention to be configured, but this also grants a lot of freedom; I looked the code for only a little time (as I said the developer solved my problems before I could try to add something by myself ) but I have to say it seems well written and clean, with useful comments along it (sometimes they are in french but often in english).
Very good component, thank you very much Bernard!
This component does seem unique - I looked for other ways to do this and didn't find anything else that fit the bill.
I was so happy that after long search I found extension that had all the options I need, all except one.
It would be so cool If user could see just his pages using module.
It would also be great if I could use Joomla access levels instead of just 3 pre-defined.
Thank for the review! You can use the Joomla ACL for the global configuration for all pages & user and you can use the 3 extra options for a specific page.
For extra usages (see the page using module, extra nneds … ) and questions I invite you to post using my forum for the component.
I had a problem with the configuration of my server which meant it took a while to get it up and running, but Bernard provided exceptional support; in fact a better level of support than I've had for some paid-for components.
I went to the Forum and posted my issues. I didn't have to wit long when Bernard started helping me, and in no time both issues was resolved, and the main one was not even his extension's fault but a directory permission error.
I recommend Bernard and this extension to anyone.
Two thumbs WAY UP !!!
Thank you Bernard
Thank you for this free extension.
Please use the Forum in my website to fully explain. Read the documenentation and give the maximum of details if you want any help.
Please use the Forum in my website to fully explain your query to have it included in the plugin for Jomsocial
Also would like to see the URL's SEF enabled so that when a users uses there link its stays sef enabled rather than showing the deep article link.
Other wise this componant would have got top marks from me.
Please send me more details, using the forum in my website. The component work fine in several sites with CB there is no reason it can be the same for you.
Bernard responded within a matter of hours and solved the problems!
I'd heartily recommend this component and its author to anyone interested in quality joomla coding!
I received you different messages and send you back answers. Please be more patient and consider that some hours for answer can be natural!
BUT, the image-upload-function doesnt seem to work, I am using Joomla 1.6 and I cant see any upload-function for the users :(
Maybe it will come :)
For packs ≤ 1.6.4 (or if ou upgraded it keep the previous options), the option for files upload is not enabled as default. As administrator, you need to activate to use it.
Click on 'Options' icon to modify: 'Images upload' ='yes' AND 'Images uploaded list' = 'yes' AND 'Editor choice' = 'MyJspace Editor'.
If you want to upload files from page administrator: 'Upload allowed in user admin panel' = 'yes'. You can add extra suffix for autorized files to upload.
You can find extra informaiton http://bsaulme.pagesperso-orange.fr/download/bs_myjspace_en.html, please free to use the contact form to ask any extra question and for any issue.