* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Layouts can be event category specific so your sports events can be laid out differently to your music events etc.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
So I joined the JEvents forum, posted a question and seemingly "within a few minutes" (actually perhaps an hour or two), there was a response that I followed, did a follow-up post and inside of 12 hrs including 6 hrs sleep, I have the site looking exactly the way I want it.
This is incredibly powerful and easily customized software. And the forum-based "TLC" of a new user is among my most pleasant experiences since becoming immersed in computer integration/systems in 1982!
Although the church probably doesn't need the add-ons provided by subscription, I intend to urge them to donate at least once as a good faith gesture.
A famous chemical company once ran commercials that they didn't make certain products, they made certain products better. The same can be said of JEvents relative to Joomla. It makes Joomla SOAR!
This is my first review on this site but clearly JEvents deverves it!
Each time I need a new feature, I have found an existing plug in that fills my requirements. So, you will find all you need with this component.
Before buying JEvents, I bought another event component. I was simpler but the features were too limited. That is why I decided to go for Jevents.
The support is just exceptional. I have always received a useful answer in less than 24h. My PHP and css knowlegdes are basics but they always took the time to help me to customize the component to fill my requirements. So, EXCELLENT job!
The only negative point is the complexity and time required due to the number of available plugins. I think some of the plugins (i.e location, image upload, custom fields) could be directly integrated in the basic package.
Thank you for your review and comments. You'll be interested to know that we are working on integrating a core set of addons for JEvents into a single package to make managing, installation and usage of these easier.
We never found any better. In the beginning we have used the free version, but after a while we were so convinced of the support and all other features, that we are now a gold member.
This is one of the subscriptions that is a must for us.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our support in the JEvents forum so please ask any questions you have in the support forum and we'll answer them with you as soon as possible.
JEvents uses the normal Joomla WYSIWYG Editors and which allow you to upload images to your event descriptions in exactly the same way as you upload images to your Joomla articles.
This is core functionality of the free version of JEvents and doesn't require any club memberships. Please follow up in the support forum at www.jevents.net/forum
We are creating a platform for events, locations and bands to support local music, and I never thought that there's ONE existing solution for all that, which I can customize to my wishes so freely, it is simply amazing.
In my eyes JEvents is developed somebody who knows better than others (e.g. SobiPro - I hated it). Of course, when you want to have everything exactly how you wish it to be, you'll need some CSS skills and understanding, but with those overrides it's so well made...
The support always helps you very very kindly in every situation you're going through. Every beginners question is treated like any pro question, you always feel that your subspription money is taken so seriously and kindly unlike from every other support I've ever experienced. Support answers from "directly" to normally "some little hours" so you can always be sure to go on..
I never used the free version, I purchased gold-membership after some pre-sales questions in their (superb!) forum, and I never regretted it. I'm really thankful for this solution as it makes my private dream project possible and affordable. Thank you Geraint and TonyP for everything.
Surely, I haven't grasped half of all that is possible with JEvents. Considering that even more addons are available to subscribers I should think there's nothing that this extension cannot do.
Also, I can only praise their forum support. Even in the free forum it is very kind, fast and helpful.
Altogether - thank you kindly, folks! Keep up your great work!
When our Joomla inexperience shows we have found their support and assistance to be exemplary.
We thoroughly recommend this product.
I had a problem with upgrading my website from Joomla 2.5.20 to Joomla 3.3 and I did not see my events in the upgraded website. They suggested to export the events to ical and import them in the upgraded site and that was the solution.
JEvents is simple to use.
What impressed me the most is how responsive Geraint and the the team were to incorporate suggestions and develop new features so we are really getting close to have all the functionalities we want which are rather complex.