* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.9) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
Note that version 3.1.24 onwards removes the blue information icon linking to the JEvents website.
JEvents uses the normal Joomla WYSIWYG Editors and which allow you to upload images to your event descriptions in exactly the same way as you upload images to your Joomla articles.
This is core functionality of the free version of JEvents and doesn't require any club memberships. Please follow up in the support forum at www.jevents.net/forum
We are creating a platform for events, locations and bands to support local music, and I never thought that there's ONE existing solution for all that, which I can customize to my wishes so freely, it is simply amazing.
In my eyes JEvents is developed somebody who knows better than others (e.g. SobiPro - I hated it). Of course, when you want to have everything exactly how you wish it to be, you'll need some CSS skills and understanding, but with those overrides it's so well made...
The support always helps you very very kindly in every situation you're going through. Every beginners question is treated like any pro question, you always feel that your subspription money is taken so seriously and kindly unlike from every other support I've ever experienced. Support answers from "directly" to normally "some little hours" so you can always be sure to go on..
I never used the free version, I purchased gold-membership after some pre-sales questions in their (superb!) forum, and I never regretted it. I'm really thankful for this solution as it makes my private dream project possible and affordable. Thank you Geraint and TonyP for everything.
Surely, I haven't grasped half of all that is possible with JEvents. Considering that even more addons are available to subscribers I should think there's nothing that this extension cannot do.
Also, I can only praise their forum support. Even in the free forum it is very kind, fast and helpful.
Altogether - thank you kindly, folks! Keep up your great work!
When our Joomla inexperience shows we have found their support and assistance to be exemplary.
We thoroughly recommend this product.
I had a problem with upgrading my website from Joomla 2.5.20 to Joomla 3.3 and I did not see my events in the upgraded website. They suggested to export the events to ical and import them in the upgraded site and that was the solution.
JEvents is simple to use.
What impressed me the most is how responsive Geraint and the the team were to incorporate suggestions and develop new features so we are really getting close to have all the functionalities we want which are rather complex.
This extension is easy to use.
i ask for support for a problem of setup and i get anwser in less than 24hours and i get the solution. Very good relation from the support. I recommend this extension
The past few years I've been using the paid version, so I can offer my clients events subscription and all the other good stuff. It's well worth it!
The backend gives you endless options to configure and I am very happy with that because I'll avoid coding at any cost ;-)
The one thing that could be improved I guess are the themes, but with a bit of styling that's easy to fix.
I was ashamed to see I hadn't reviewed it yet; it deserves better, so I'll remedie that now :-)
Thanks guys and keep up the good work!