Easy configuration, CSS based customization and performance gains through AJAX and advanced caching mechanism are the main targets of this extensions.
The whole suite contains different extensions which are listed here:
* The component is the heart of the GCalendar suite and shows different kinds of calendars in the main part.
* The Upcoming Events module shows the next events of your calendar as a list.
* The GCalendar module shows the google calendar at a module position.
* The Next module shows a countdown timer till the next events starts.
* The search plugin adds the functionality to search for events.
* The next plugin embeds upcoming events into articles.
So feel free to give it a try. Don't hesitate to post in the forum if you have a question or open a new issue if you need a feature!!
How google himself sees his calendar service:
Organize your schedule and share events with friends. With Google's free online calendar, it's easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place.
Google hosted (with all Google service), supported rich text (just use html or BB Code like), AJAX driven interface with lightbox events popup.
The only minor - this component is very sensitive to JQuery conflict. So if it's disapperar or don't work, check your logs etc.
I'm rating both the extension and the support team "EXCELLENT".
The documentation for the app is very thorough and I found that most standard trouble-shooting questions were already answered in the forum. The forum moderators were extremely helpful in answering questions that hadn't already been discussed.
If you are looking for a simple way customize the view and function of your Google Calendar, this is a great extension with lots of useful controls.
The Calendar itself works as advertised with my Google calendars and the Upcoming, Next and Overview modules are all extremely valuable and important to my site and my visitors.
But here's the real nice thing, after I uninstall gcal, my shopping cart is completely broken. Thanks for making a piece of crap.