* Create highly-customizable calendars and events
* Google Calendar support: ability to show events from Google Calendars - unlimited number of calendars supported for main view
* Repeating (recurring) events: each N days or weeks, or each Monday each month, etc.
* Draggable/non-draggable events
* Customizable time formats, start date, day of week to start with, etc.
* Ability to generate calendars and events from existing Joomla! articles by entering section id and category id
* Ability to generate calendars and events from existing K2 items by entering K2 category id
* Ability to select an article to assign to event
* Ability to select K2 item to assign to event
* Supports com_zoo items to be assigned to calendar events
* Right to left support (for Arabic and Hebrew)
* Access Rights support
* Single-date and interval events
* Events can have description and links
* Customizable front-end messages
* Customizable styles
* Comes with mini-calendar module to show local events or agenda view
* Available calendar list view and single calendar view
* Can be used as events manager and calendar
* Supports calendar groups: calendars can be grouped and shown in a single view
* Agenda view (flat view) available: http://www.demo.artetics.com/index.php?option=com_artcalendar&calendarid=1&mode=agenda
* Specific calendar can be assigned to menu item
* Any HTML can be shown in event description
* This is open-source software
I have bought Art calendar and encountered a problem when submitting an event on Frontend. I contacted the support team. They answered in the day and solved my problem.
No other thing to add that It is a great Team.
You can buy their products with your eyes closed (as we say in France !!).
Really happy with the purchase and would highly recommend Artetics products and services.
The thing that impressed me most was the support. I´m honest, I´m not a pro in webdesign and programming, but every little question was answered quickly, bigger issues were solved by the support themselves. I never had the feeling that my questions are too stupid.
That´s how support should be...
This extension is worth every cent.
In a future release it would be great to be able to show a bracket of dates for an K2 event.(Items added directly to the calendar have this option) Currently an imported K2 item can only have a single date applied, the "Created Date". But perhaps an option to use the "Finish Publishing" date to create a span, in case the event covers several days.
Very good support as well. Not lightening fast, but they will take care of you. They fixed a pretty complex issue I had.
Any issues I had with template interference was due to the template itself, not the module. Some templates will use too vague CSS. Like applying style to base elements like div, p, tr, etc, instead of using a specific class or ID.
It's a little plain, but can be spruced up with some CSS quite easily. I would definitely buy this module again and anyone who buys it should feel confident it will do what it's supposed to.
Thank you for the comment.
Our support engineers answer ANY letter within 48 hours. If your domain is in spam list then probably your email could get into spam folder. You can always re-send the email to email@example.com, contact us using form on our site or ask a question forum.
Calendar groups are used to show several calendars in a single view.
Just please contact us by email with your issue and we will be happy to solve it for you and to set up an example if it is needed.
Thousands of customers use Art Calendar and we are always ready to provide free support.
After searching and trying different components like this ,i choose it for the K2 option.
But after working with it i have to say +1 for the dev team.
Have not many difficulty's with it.
Dont search any further,this is good.
It need a lot of work to get it to look and work decent. For a free extension this wouldn't be a problem but it's not free.
Thank you for your review.
Module styles are unique and cannot affect template. You can simply contact us on forum or by email firstname.lastname@example.org - we provide support within 24 hours.
Just contact us with the link to see the issue and we will be happy to advise CSS changes.
There were some bugs and support was great at working to overcome them.
There are limitations as well that could be improved including:
-(!important) allowing more control over date and time of auto generated events from categories (perhaps controlled by extra fields or at least, further controlled from the extension control panel to include multi-day events and end times)
-a better user interface for menu item assignment (to directly assign to single calendar or calendar groups or calendar list)
-perhaps some color coding for the calendar group presentation (different colors to define what calendar the event belongs to) The calendar starts to look overwhelming with multiple events in each day.
Good extension with room to develop if the developers keep at it.
However, only purchase this module if you are familiar with PHP and CSS. You will need to do a lot of customization to make it look decent, and to fix a few errors with the module add on.
One feature I wish it had is the ability to enter event times in a different field.
Also, the documentation is only so-so.
A plus would be to be able to add events from k2 tag. Waiting for this, I'll do with k2 categories, which is already a very good thing !