* One-off Events and complex repeating patterns of events can be created and viewed in an attractive calendar and a variety of list formats
* Multiple design layouts possible
* Fully compatible with Joomla MVC framework
* Ical imports/exports
* Repeat exception handling
* Events can be placed in multiple categories and calendar views can be customised to show all or some of these categories
* Layout editing tool to perfect the presentation on your site - you can even customise the event editing page.
* Optional checking for overlapping events globally or on a category specific basis
* Mini-calendar module (jevents_cal) which gives a quick overview of events which can be placed on any page
* Latest events module (jevents_latest) which gives a highly configurable summary of upcoming, recently created or popular events
* Events legend (jevents_legend) - displayed alongside the component gives you a summary of event categories and an easy way to limit the events shown to specific categories
* Filter module allows you to filter/search the events being displayed using a variety of criteria
* A search plugin that enables the global Joomla search to return results from the events calendar
JEvents 3.1 is now available for general download - this is a Joomla 2.5-3.0 native component that takes JEvents to the next level. The old version of JEvents (2.2.8) for Joomla 1.5 is still available to download too.
I'm very sorry to hear of your problems registering in our support forum. We are looking into the issue to see what may have been the issue.
We did have a problem on a couple of days last week with spammers/hackers hitting our site so hard that it became almost unresponsive - I wonder if this is when you encountered these problems.
Definitely encourage anyone looking for an events management extension to check this one out.
Recently, however, I ran into a problem when my preferred editing extension suddenly stopped working with JEvents following the upgrade to Joomla 3.2. To keep this short and to the point, Geraint (lead developer of JEvents) took the time to identify that the editor was at fault and THEN wrote a fix for it when the developer of that extension was unable to do so.
Let me restate that: Geraint all-but fixed somebody else's extension so that an unpaying user of his software could get back to work.
Thank you, Geraint. Best service I've ever received. I'll be taking another close look at your membership subscriptions soon - and if I'm even slightly on the fence, I daresay that I'll sign up on the strength of goodwill alone.
The product is free, the service costs a little but is worth every penny.
Currently we are using the modules “Latest Events” and “Calendar” and the menu item types “View by Month” and “Date range”. Registered users are allowed to download the calendar via the menu item type “ICal Export” into .ics-files.
The calendar is maintained by several users using the menu item type “Create JEvents”. Access is granted with different authorisation levels steered via user groups and categories.
JEvents integrates seamlessly with the TinyMCE-Editor. All of the automatic updates worked flawlessly. The language support for the German language is brilliant.
Finally JEvents comes with a lively forum where our questions were answered within a day often even quicker.
Great Job to the Jevents People!