Sparking conversations of a certain topic or have an online discussion about a particular subject is now possible with EasyDiscuss. Best of all, these discussions are valuable source of content that search engines love.
Use EasyDiscuss to manage your customers inquiries, build closer customer loyalty, build credibility, engage in multiple conversations, gather valuable experience from users, or simply build a repository of information that grows over time. EasyDiscuss is as good as Yahoo! Answers!
- Display user profiles from EasyBlog, Gravatar, JomSocial, Community Builder, Anahita, and more.
- Built in conversation system.
- Recognize users by rewarding them with interesting Badges.
- Best navigation interface in the user profile system.
- Advance access control in categories.
- Powerful points system to honor active users.
- Receive live notifications as they come in, real-time.
- User friendly toolbar to manage, sort and search discussions.
- Blends into your existing Joomla template!
- Auto share discussions in Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- Receive updates hourly, daily or weekly digests.
- Attach files, images and URLs into discussions.
- You can add polls into discussions.
- Users can report abuse for inappropriate discussions.
- Search engine friendly titles and topics.
- Voting system for every posts.
- Integrates with Joomla articles, K2 and EasyBlog.
- Integrates and display locations with Google Maps.
- Allows code syntax usage for advanced users
- Set password protection for private discussions
More feature listing at http://stackideas.com/easydiscuss.html?ref=edfeature
EasyDiscuss also comes with free modules and plugins that works harder for you.
First of all, I have to say, that the component works fine itself.
Then, it has an excellent support. My new hosting provider forbade standard cronjob command 'wget'. So the notifications about new questions ceased to work. But support team successfully and fast (!) resolved this problem by adding of new codes to component files in order to be compatible with the 'curl' command.
I think, that this fact speaks a lot of good about the product and its creators.
Their customer service is the best one I've ever used for a joomla extension. It should be 10 starts!
When I migrated the largest forum from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3.0, the entire process was a nightmare. BUT THIS TEAM went beyond the call of duty to make sure that the forum was migrated from an unsupported free forum in Joomla 1.5 version to the EasyDiscuss forum in Joomla 3.0. They did not give up until the process was successful. Many support teams would have.
The forum is the lifeblood of the website. I will not be using a free, unsupported forum again. The community is too valuable to risk losing posts, data and conflict. This product is MORE than worth the subscription rate in terms of peace of mind and the ability to ask a question and get an answer in a very reasonable time. Not so with the free forums.
My highest recommendation goes to this team ... they are excellent!
I'm a seasoned web professional. I've worked in times past as a internet technology director for a Fortune 50 corporation and I have been a product manager for SaaS and cloud services software that supported regulatory compliance needs for big banks and credit unions as well as the internet security space.
I've reviewed and purchased a lot of high end proprietary systems in my day and I have to say that everything I have seen from Stack Ideas is top notch.
I can see why they put "Easy" in front of all of their product names. EasyDiscuss is an outstanding discussion board solution. It is flexible as a forum as well as support tool.
I have used many stand alone forum software in the past but the effort to bridge those products is not worth the time when EasyDiscuss does it all AND is installed directly into Joomla.
As I mentioned in another product review of their blogging software... for any small bumps in the road that anyone may encounter StackIdeas support team is the best support I have ever seen in any Joomla related product as well as compared to even expensive proprietary software support I have had to purchase in large corporate environments.
StackIdeas has made me a big fan.
i love it!
if you need an FAQ / FAQ community tool, with subscriptions to questions and replies - this baby rocks!!!
Besides its own functional "question and answer", izi diskassEasyDiscuss involves built-in integration with many other components, and social networks.
And a great support team - team that pays attention not only to global issues, but also devotes a lot of time on the support and help ordinary users. Among application developers for Joomla I first met such a great attitude to the "consumer product" - immediate response, help and support in real time and, if necessary, additional processing functionality on demand.