- This extension requires registration to download.
- Inserts backlink to developer.
Komento was one of the winners of the Community Choice Extensions in the JED in December 2012 because of its powerful and useful features.
Komento is highly secured, lightweight and compatible with all Joomla versions and it is free to download.
1. Instantly activate user interaction and get feedback from visitors to your site.
2. Professionally control all incoming comments or spam in one easy centralized system.
3. Migrate comments from EasyBlog and other comment extensions and have them display in Komento.
4. Komento handles comments in K2, EasySocial, JomSocial, FlexiContent, ZOO, EasyBlog 3.5, VirtueMart, redSHOP, and more.
5. Control certain activity that a particular user or user group can do in the comments area.
- Insert comments and share in social networks
- Share the location of the comment with Google Maps.
- Built-in Access Control List (ACL)
- Excellent comment spam protection
- Word filtering and automatic word replacement
- View comments in-line or nested style
- Email notifications of new/updated comments
- Layout customizations using CSS styling
- Able to report inappropriate comments
View the Komento demo at http://demo.stackideas.com/komento
- Sticky comments to feature the best comments
- Users can 'Like' comments posted
- Conversation bar displaying other involved commentors
- Avatar integration with Gravatar, EasySocial, EasyBlog, JomSocial, Community Builder, and more.
- Bundled with 4 themes to match (only for Professional version)
- Built-in comment migrators for other comment extensions
- Joomla Articles
- Cobalt 8
Integration provided by 3rd party:
- FW Gallery
- FW Real Estate
- HD Video Share
- Music Collection
* For pro components
For full features listing, visit http://stackideas.com/komento.html?ref=kmfeature
The paid Komento version entitles you professional technical support. The free version gets community support from our forums. Details at http://stackideas.com/komento/plans.html?ref=kmpaid
It brings life to our small club website. The members that did not attend the last event can share and react.
Easy to setup, easy to tune, easy to use. Responsive layout. Fine with J! 3.2.1 and protostar template.
I love the tiny details Komento line that show articles details in the blog. I 'd love that we could add some other parameters such as author's name, and publication date, and so I could get rid of the space-consuming-protostar-native-Details .
However I am only using the free component, I received reactive support. Thanks to Mark Lee.
If it is important for you that notifications to administrators and subscribers are instant, know that with this extension that is not possible.
As there is no documentation, search the terms "cron" and "notifications" on the forum, to understand how the system works and the problems that arise with some hosts.
You save a lot of time, or rather, you will avoid losing.
For the rest, except for the back-end menu a bit confusing, it's still a "pretty" exetension.
I had some minor issues, posted it on the forum and the support fixed it, as well as pointed out the problem in my custom component. I mean what more could you want :)
Great design out of the box loaded with features, ajax, great ACL etc.
Keep up the good work guys
A long time I use this channel for information. Here at Jed is a good place to find great apps. This is one of them. I really was amazed how a company could provide something as precious and precise as this one.
Be sure, so I start with the bill Doatorium, thanks you received in the form of money. (Promise registered here, huh :)). Seriously.
The site addresses the issue of environmental sustainability and donations.
I was so grateful that I would put them as one of the partners of the site. I could do this?
And as I say to friends ... when they come to Brazil let me know.
My wife and I do a great Stroganoff Shrimp :)!
Support is quite responsive and nice, but they can't compensate for the lack of documentation. The user interface is bulky and consumes way too much space. The editor is OK, but why not just use the standard Joomla one? Why re-invent the wheel?
In addition it is not lightweight. It will most definitively slow down your website. In summary, if you have a big website, are techie and have lots of time, go for it. On the other hand, if you are just starting and need a quick commenting plugin / module, this is most definitively not for you. You have been warned.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and we take every feedback very seriously! I have to agree that we are lacking on the documentation part for the settings but most of the settings that you see in the component comes with a great amount of tooltip when you hover over each of the settings.
As for slowing down your website, we have not received any feedback from our users that slows their site down, so far. But if you have any issues at all, please feel free to post them on our support forums :)
We would really like to hear more from you and we hope that we could work together and get things straighten out.