- This extension requires registration to download.
An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
That is a parameter of the profile, placed there as a demo, and you suppose to change it with your own.
Confusing is the fact that instead of looking into the parameters, checking the instructions or searching the forum you chose to post a review here, complaining about something that most free extension have and aiContactSafe doesn't : a link back to our site.
Only problem is that, at the moment, it does not work on joomla 3.x, although that is being worked on.
Thanks for this great free extension.
Along with AcyMailing, JCK Editor, Akeeba Backup, RokSprocket/RokGallery, EasyBlog and SobiPro, it's a core extension that gets installed with every Joomla site. Alas, with J3.X, there is NOTHING equivalent to replace it.
- Contact info distinct from header and layout
- Module and component nicely managed as distinct entities
- Pre-configured and PHP/CSS capabilities optimized for ease of use and flexibility for extension
- Has most of the features of a full forms editor in addition to simple contact info, which NONE of the other free competitors have, neither the commercial ones.
- Excellent back-end management of contact submissions
- Extended fields
"Please enter the following security code:"
"Not Readable? Change text".
The tutorial is missing info about how to use the Multiple Captcha Engine plugin.
All in all, I believe this is a good extension with many choices, but it is still not perfect to receive 5 stars.