Let your users be part of a group and communicate by email without having to log into your Joomla site. Any mail send to the mailing list email address is forwarded to the rest of the members of the group.
- For Group communication and newsletters
- Usable with any POP3/IMAP email account
- Recipients are managed by the admin in the backend
- Users can (un)subscribe with frontend plugin or module (optional)
- All Joomla users can be chosen as recipients, additional users can be stored
- Users can be organized in groups
- Single users or whole groups can be added as recipients of a mailing list
- Replies to mailing list posts can be forwarded to all recipients
- Mail archive for browsing the mails
- Full support of HTML emails and attachments
- Seamless installation: all plugins are included and are installed automatically
- English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Japanese and Slovenian translation included
- many more features
Designed for all...
- users that are tired of group messaging systems that require another login
- users who want to communicate with their favourite mail client
- admins that are tired of updating personal details on different systems
- admins who want to be able to use users within Joomla as recipients of a mailing list
------------ Changelog ------------
Version 0.4.0 (18.08.2013)
- Compatibility with Joomla 3.0 and 3.1
- Italian translation added
- Blocked/bounced mail view available in free edition as well
- Complete mail queue can be cleared
- GUI enhancements, performance optimizations and 5 bug fixes
Version 0.3.8 (22.02.2013)
- Personalize emails with new text variables for recipient name and email
- Add user to Mailster group when subscribing through subscriber plugin or module
- 3 more translations added (Danish, Slovenian, Japanese)
- Email attachments are stored in a configurable folder
Note that this version has limitations (e.g. max. 50 recipients per list) compared to our commercial product Mailster Professional. Find a full feature comparison list over here: http://www.brandt-oss.com/products/mailster/features
I was able to install this fairly quickly and got it up and running with the helpful manual that came with this. Ran perfectly the first time out and I even had a rapid response from the developers when I needed to extend the use of the product to interact with Community Builder - using multi-check boxes to create mailing groups. All my requests were handled quickly and to my full satisfaction. Excellent service and excellent product!
One thing which puzzles me, the time shown is very odd, not corresponding to any time scheme I know of. The date is right. However the option to take the time out of the email is a help.
Thank you for your excellent review!
You do have the option to format the date/time format as you like - there is an option for that in the component's configuration.
Installation was fairly easy, although I found the server options a bit over-complicated, and it worked first time. It took a while to find all the appropriate settings, but the process was fairly painless.
I can see one major problem--the lack of full integration with the Joomla user list. Subscription seems to default to the user's registered email, but this can be changed at subscription time. If the user subsequently changes email address, this does not update Mailster's address, and they get out of sync. Finally, removing a user does not remove it from the mailing list.
Otherwise, this is a very good extension, and I would recommend it for simplicity of operation.
Thank you for your review!
We fixed the user synchronization issues in the 0.3.8 release.
In case you come across any other problems do not hesitate to contact us.
One thing drove me crazy for a few hours: if you manage a site through httpS and Chrome, be sure to allow Insecure Content to be loaded, otherwise many functions misbehave.
Thank you for your review.
We are of course always interested in improving Mailster. As we have problems reproducing the issue you describe we would be glad if you can contact us (please use the contact form on our site) so that you can help us identify the root cause. Thanks!
As a test I first installed the free version and set up a simple list. It worked first time and the documentation to help with the install and set up was excellent! I was so impressed that I have now paid for the pro version as our list is 250 long but to be honest, the 49EUR is worthwhile for the other addon features alone in my opinion.
I've used Mailster's non-commercial version for more than a year, and recently purchased the Pro version to accommodate a couple of larger lists (over 50 subscribers) and provide some other functionality. Most functionality is identical in both, including everything mentioned in this review.
Options are broad, and seem to expand with each release. You can limit lists to registered site users, or allow visitors to subscribe. You can limit posters to specific individuals or subgroups, or allow every subscriber to post. A large number of message formatting and sending options as well.
As expected in a pre-1.0 release, a few edges are still rough. There's no way at present to send validating or welcoming emails to new subscribers. The only way to catch signup spam comes via a large-format Captcha; that works fine if you use the signup plugin, but doesn't fit well inside the signup module.
But these are small issues, and Holger's ultra-responsive support more than makes up for them. I found a small bug importing a CSV user file from a freestanding Mailman installation, and he had a fix in my Inbox about two hours later. It's not often that you see support like that.
This version is really easy to setup now and is working immediately. It really does what I wanted to get.
Mailster has fixed that and I can now have a discussion list with up to 1000 users! Also, it now has a subscription service for our newsletter.
Support was excellent as well with the couple of minor problems I had - and fast.