The MailChimp integration is a whole new Joomla! newsletter component and more. It thoroughly exhausts the MailChimp API and will bring you unprecedented control and content inclusion options with your newsletters, along with satisfaction. Get a free MailChimp account and send up to 12,000 newsletters to 2,000 subscribers each month: http://bit.ly/JMailchimp
Managing your lists, subscribers and newsletters has never been this easy and yet the depth of features will blow you away. Through the combination with MailChimp you can have a full-featured newsletter component for free when you get started. And as you grow your business and your newsletter subscriber lists, you will really start to take advantage of MailChimp's infrastructure and resources. If you have any trouble with the newsletter extension then drop us a line in our forum.
- Slick Newsletter Template Editor (choose from http://colourlovers.com palettes)
- Integrates with registration process for Joomla, JomSocial and Community Builder (works with 99% of templates)
- Import existing site users to MailChimp, SugarCRM http://www.sugarcrm.com or Highrise http://highrisehq.com
- Control Panel Newsletter Stats Module for Joomla! Admins
- Newsletter Subscription Module
- Detailed Newsletter Reports w/comparison table
- Can pull articles as intro or full text from Core and K2 (http://getk2.org) into newsletter
- Add Virtuemart products to your newsletters
- Send newsletter stats reports via email
- Social Share your newsletter campaigns
- Recreated Analytics360 for Wordpress(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/analytics360/) and integrated into interface
- Use Mailchimp's Timewarp if you signup your users with the registration package which is delivered along with the main component
- Newsletter Campaign Folder Management
- English and German Interface
- In-depth Userprofiles (http://Gravatar.com)
- new e-com rating system (based on purchases) for
Full changelog: http://www.joomlamailer.com/versions/joomlamailer-changelog.txt
The bad news is that it will not work with Joomla 3 and development appears to be stone cold dead. I have delayed moving my site to Joomla 3 for over a year while hoping that someone would update this app. So far, no response - and I can't wait any longer.
Sorry it took us so long but rewriting 55.000 lines of code takes some time... We have just released the Joomla! 3 compatible version. Please give it a shot and let us know in our forums if you have any problems or suggestions about it. Thanks!
First impresions show:
K2 Integration not working
Email template download/upload not working
Support does not seem to exist (i have read questions from december 2011 that had not yet answered)
I will probably try something else until this is ready
I just hope they upgrade it before i end up finding another MAILCHIMP Extension thats Joomla 2.5 ready.
Either way if your using Joomla 1.7 or older this is a good mail extension to use.
I was flabbergasted by how easy it was to import my information into the template and to create a campaign. I included several articles from different categories and added a graphic with a link to my book in the left margin. I changed the colors easily to match my website and imported the banner.
After using the test facility, I scheduled my first campaign overnight. It ran smoothly, and when I logged in to my Joomla administration screen there was a summary of the campaign displayed immediately. Statistics told me my campaign was 40% more effective than my industry average and I was able to see who had opened it and clicked.
What a fantastic marketing tool!
Great work from Pete and the FreakedOut team as per usual. Top notch!
I added my problem to the Support to an existing Sept problem and neither of us have had a reply to date. No one seems to monitor.
As I can see its looks like an error in the latest update and people has been happy for this plugin before, so I still give it 3 stars and hope this is just a glich from the developers
Sadly that portion of the product has zero functionality. It's not bugged it just doesn't exist anymore, despite promises to the contrary.
Support is oddly quiet on the issue as well as there are many post about it on their support forums that are going unanswered. I'd rate it lower but at least it was free.
I have visited your Support Forum and read about how to fix it, done what it said I should do - but nothing happends.
I also posted a message in the Forum, but I dont get any replies.
Im thinking of finding another newsletterextension because there seems to be no help available...
You can't ask for anything more than excellent service and a great product.