CMC is a joomla extension that integrates with the Mailchimp API. (Mailchimp(http://bit.ly/QF0tU3) is completly free for up to 12 000 newsletters to 2000 subscribers per month! Get an account here: http://bit.ly/TS1t8l )
* let your users subscribe to your newsletter during the registration on your site (default joomla registration & k2, Jomsocial or Community Builder)
* let the users subscribe to your newsletter through the use of our ajax module
* option to unsubscribe & to update the provided data
* Two way list & user synchronisation
* create, edit, delete users right from the backend of your joomla
* add the users from any joomla group to your mailchimp lists
* ecommerce360 support (works with akeebasubs, Hika shop, Matukio, Payplans, Redshop & Virtuemart)
developed by compojoom
It is FREE but there should be a way of offering a donation to the developer, if there is, can someone point this out to me.
I didn't have any problems setting up the module, I was able to position it where I wanted, the link into MailChimp worked almost first time, cannot ask more than that from a FREE extension.
I have made a request via the developers forum, to a 'Wishlist', asking if there was any way that I could link the module to a popup. The sort of thing that sits off to one side of the website/browser. Daniel has come back to say that he will try to incorporate this feature in the next version, if he can, that will make this the BEST extension that I have working and it is FREE.
What an excellent choice I made!! This component was so easy to install, the instructions are very straigh-forward and I had my MailChimp account set up and tested within a couple of hours.
I can't comment on support, because I didn't need to use it, but that in itself is a positive thing!
MailChimp is so easy to use too, so if that's the way you want to mass-email then I recommend this extension highly.
I cam across this one this morning and WOW! So much better, it is the best connector between your site and Mailchimp.
Super job guys!
Som functions are missing, but overall this is a great component to keep track of your subscribers and a nice module to add them.
It would be nice if the component only fetched a specific list and the subscribers to this. Adding groups would also be nice :)