- This extension requires registration to download.
WHAT IT DOES OUT-OF-THE BOX
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally too,
- places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
WHAT YOU CAN TWEAK
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
Try the new jQuery Easy Profiles for Joomla! 3+ (beta) that allows multiple configurations to work seamlessly for different parts of a site. More information on the website's owner.
I installed it and now my slideshow works smoothly.
I know it isn't a miracle of course, but it does feel like one!
Thanks very much!
You are welcome! Thank you very much for the review, I do appreciate it.
Thank you for this great plugin!
I am pleased you fixed all your issues by using the plugin. Thank you for the review, it is well appreciated!
I realized the problem could be jQuery conflicts, so I installed jQuery easy and - voilá - popups working like a charm.
What else can I say?
Thak you! Thank you! Thank you!
You are welcome! Thank you for the review!
Thank you for the review and the donation, I really appreciate it. Please send me an email or use the forum if you run into issues. Thank you again!
For example: jquery-ui/themes/base/css is not hosted on Google anymore so you may try Smoothness or etc
I found better performance with 2.1.0 but maybe its my imagination as there are no api changes recently.
What I would like from jQueryEasy is to have option to lot the libraries from Microsoft or maxcdn or etc just as a backup plan....
but you did a great job
Thank you very much for your review and your comments, it is really appreciated.
I have thought adding the possibility to choose between different CDNs before but the problem is that they do not always propose all the libraries. For instance, Google does not propose 'migrate' (or even gave up base.css as you noticed and as stated in the plugin's documentation). But I am still considering this feature for a further version.
I was dong a web search and came across this great plugin. It solved all the issues I was having. Thanks so much for making it available. I left a little donation I was so happy.
Thank you so much for your review and for showing your appreciation. Hopefully more and more developers will be using good practice when it comes to implementing jQuery...
Thanks for the review, I am delighted it helped you out. You have to realize that the loading of MooTools has been removed from Joomla! starting version 3.2.2. I am still investigating it and what are the implications on a plugin like jQuery Easy.